New build 1K but no graphics card

J86

J86

Associate
Hi all

I need a new build, thinking 8700k and needing 16gb of ram and an SSD (ssd doesnt need to be huge)

Will be getting a graphics card for gaming (probably 1070/80) in a few months but for now its just to process my RAW files for my photography, lightroom etc..

I have an OS, 2tb secondary hdd, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. Literally just need the tower.

Thanks in advance for your efforts :)

Last edited:
Soldato
for what you wanting to do now 8gb will be plenty, add another 8gb kit when you get the gpu, think really other than adding the extra for 16gb kit and different branding of items and maybe a cpu cooler, not much to choose for the full 1k when you take out the gpu.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £712.64 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

J86

J86

Associate
OP
for what you wanting to do now 8gb will be plenty, add another 8gb kit when you get the gpu, think really other than adding the extra for 16gb kit and different branding of items and maybe a cpu cooler, not much to choose for the full 1k when you take out the gpu.

Total: £712.64 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Hi thanks for the advice :)

I should have made it clear sorry, £1k is my budget right now without the graphics card. I can spare cash for that at a later date

Cheers

Associate
That CPU cooler is slightly too big for the Kolink case. If you're going for a large dual-tower air cooler, you need a case with plenty of positive airflow from the front.

Here are a few cases that do fit the be quiet! cooler, and should have good airflow:

Total: £262.83 (includes shipping: £15.90)

The Silverstone case comes with 2 140mm fans already at the front, so should mean good airflow. Fractal has a very open front, but only 1 fan. Phanteks has no fan at the front as standard, so will need to buy 1 (or 2).​

Last edited:
Soldato
Total: £1,099.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Depending on the length of the graphics card you choose would dictate whether you can put the aio radiator in the front, if the gpu is like 270mm then it’ll work. If you’re putting the radiator in the front you could go with a 360 aio(the s36 in the case of the fractal design one), however you’ll have to either remove or move the hard disk caddy. Putting the aio radiator in the top you’ll want a 240 not a 280.

Soldato
Hi thanks for the advice :)

I should have made it clear sorry, £1k is my budget right now without the graphics card. I can spare cash for that at a later date

Cheers

yeah i read it perfectly clear, other than 16gb ram, bigger ssd and obviously choice of case there isnt a big spend needed when you not included a gpu still, you are only spending more for branding really, im not saying what i chose is the best, i just managed a mock up without the need to spend all the budget.

J86

J86

Associate
OP

Depending on the length of the graphics card you choose would dictate whether you can put the aio radiator in the front, if the gpu is like 270mm then it’ll work. If you’re putting the radiator in the front you could go with a 360 aio(the s36 in the case of the fractal design one), however you’ll have to either remove or move the hard disk caddy. Putting the aio radiator in the top you’ll want a 240 not a 280.

I like the look of that build! thank you. how would you rate this one mate?

Total: £867.63 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Going to be using this to process large RAW files (i do photography)

Will be getting either a 1070 or 80 in the next few months for games like PUBG etc

I will upgrade to 16gb ram in the future if needed (when i get gfx card)

I have monitor, kb+m etc nad a 2tbsecondary drive

Many thanks! :)

Total: £833.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Going to be using this to process large RAW files (i do photography)

Will be getting either a 1070 or 80 in the next few months for games like PUBG etc

I will upgrade to 16gb ram in the future if needed (when i get gfx card)

I have monitor, kb+m etc ang a 2tb secondary drive

Need your opinions before I hit the buy button in the next few hours :D

Many thanks! :)

Total: £833.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Permabanned
I'd get a higher wattage PSU, say 750 or 850.

I'd be concerned of having problems when getting the extra components and then being unable to return this batch if there's a problem. So I'd wait and buy it all together.

Associate
If you're going to be playing PUBG in 1080p 60fps and games of a similar performance-requirement a 1070 should suffice.

I'd prioritize the 16GB of RAM if you intend to play games such as BF1.

Back
Top Bottom