New Build Advice for a .NET C# developer machine

Soldato
OP
Ah okay, is it worth flashing the bios first thing then before sticking the chip on or anything else? First job on the list type thing, as soon as it's in the case?

Man of Honour
Ah okay, is it worth flashing the bios first thing then before sticking the chip on or anything else? First job on the list type thing, as soon as it's in the case?
Yes unless the motherboard box says 5000 series ready on it.

Do it on the box with just the psu connected like in the vidoe

Dont use beta bios.

Soldato
OP
Your welcome, use the qoute button or tag me in, will give me an alert if ypu need more.

Enjoy.

Hi mate, one quick question for you (or whoever may see this) if you have a mo, will I be able to swap that GT 1030 card out for something higher spec later on if the mood takes me? Not likely to be for 6 months or longer, just wondering if there are any restrictions around case size, PSU power, so forth.

Cheers!

Man of Honour
Hi mate, one quick question for you (or whoever may see this) if you have a mo, will I be able to swap that GT 1030 card out for something higher spec later on if the mood takes me? Not likely to be for 6 months or longer, just wondering if there are any restrictions around case size, PSU power, so forth.

Cheers!
Yes think we specced a 650w unit so you should be good up to a 3070 or amd 6800.

Case Meshify c
Graphics card length limit: Max 315mm with front fan mounted

Correct me if i got the above wrong.

Soldato
OP
Yes think we specced a 650w unit so you should be good up to a 3070 or amd 6800.

Case Meshify c
Graphics card length limit: Max 315mm with front fan mounted

Correct me if i got the above wrong.
I did get that unit, yes.

That's worth knowing, thanks very much mate!

Associate
This is terrific stuff, thanks mate! More cores, more RAM, ability to swap out graphics card if needed later on down the line, all looks great!

Pardon my out of date questions, but when I order all this, apart from some arctic silver which I'll get on top, will I need to buy anything additional accessory wise to build this? Any internal cabling or anything, or is it all supplied? I guess no cables for NVMe and it slots in to the mobo, and PSU cabling's all attached to the PSU!

Cheers mate, brilliant. Really appreciate it.

The arctic freezer will come with perfectly good thermal paste. I would avoid the metal based pastes for fear of shorting if any of it goes where it shouldn't

Soldato
OP
The arctic freezer will come with perfectly good thermal paste. I would avoid the metal based pastes for fear of shorting if any of it goes where it shouldn't
Thanks for the advice, appreciate the thought - Ended up getting a tube of arctic silver which has done the job fine, and it's gone quite sticky so is unlikely to go too far, and I didn't apply too much, temps are fine, so it's worked out well.

Hi @Karl see your selling your psu cus you got a new graphics card , what gpu did you get ?
Ha! Yes mate, my intentions were to leave it for a bit, but then thought I wouldn't mind a 3070, and then just happened to stumble across an 'add to basket' for a 3080TI FE, so ended up getting an RM750 to make sure it was up to the job, which it has been, but am now selling the PSU as a result. Going to lose a few bob on it, but that'll teach me for being indecisive, won't it ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom