New build advice please

Associate
Hey,

My brother (Afran) has just got a new system put together from advice from people on this forum. I'm happy with his setup but it's a bit costly for me.. I've not added a hard drive or graphics card as I'll use ones I already have, (have a 2070). I do a lot of gaming at 1440 and also plan to do a fair bit of video rendering on DaVinci Resolve (a few times a week).

I'm thinking of buying a Ryzen 3600 instead of the 5900x to save quite a bit of money, I'm aware that the 59000x would be great for the video editing, but do you think it's worth the extra cost? I can stretch it if it really is a lot better.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,260.54 (includes shipping: £14.70)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Man of Honour
You cant compare a 6 core cpu to a 12 core cpu what about going for an 8 core cpu like the 3700x. So it really depends how many cores you want im guessing more the better for davinci.

Drop the fancy noctua fans.

Heres a couple of alternatives to save you money.

ODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £323.87 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions Mickyflinn.

You cant compare a 6 core cpu to a 12 core cpu what about going for an 8 core cpu like the 3700x. So it really depends how many cores you want im guessing more the better for davinci.

True, I just think once I drop the most budget option the gap gets smaller and then I'm thinking I may as well just get the 5900x.

Normally I wouldn't spend so much on the cooling but I've been really impressed with how efficient and quiet my brothers system is :)

As for the memory, he originally picked out 'Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C18 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit' for £149.99 but was recommended the memory I've listed, it does seem expensive.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the suggestions Mickyflinn.

True, I just think once I drop the most budget option the gap gets smaller and then I'm thinking I may as well just get the 5900x.

Normally I wouldn't spend so much on the cooling but I've been really impressed with how efficient and quiet my brothers system is :)

As for the memory, he originally picked out 'Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C18 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit' for £149.99 but was recommended the memory I've listed, it does seem expensive.
Why dont you for the memory i sugested its marginal performance diffrence compared to 3600mhz and at cheaper.

The patriot is ok but tall.

Enjoy.

Motherboard may need a bios update for the 5900x to work this can be done with a feature on the motherboard called bios flashback which the Tomahawk has,no need for an older cpu.

Back
Top Bottom