New Build Advise

Associate
Hi, not kept up to date with my PC everything is still working ok just would like a new PC

My current setup at the moment
Antec 902 Case, Be Quiet 650 Wts Psu, Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P,
AMD Phenom 2 720x3 @3.00 ghz ,OCZ DDR3 1333Mhz,Ocz Vertex 120 Gb, Samsung F1 1TB ,Gainwood 260 GTX, Windows 7 Home P.

Us you can tell its old, Looking at a new build in a
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case - Arctic White( just fell in love with that case)

Budget is £800 do not need keyboard, mice speakers or monitor etc just the pc there is so many different sockets I don't know what will fit any more.

Not a big gamer anymore but still would like a graphics card that could fit and player civilization, Left for dead and older call of duty games.

Thanks in advice all help appreciated :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
I think a 970 is a little excessive for someone who won't be gaming that much. Might be worth looking at the R9 280s for £150.

The phenom is only smaller than the prodigy due to the handles on the prodigy. The both use the same internal design. (Itx /Matx).

Do you need an OS too?

Associate
OP
Ive got windows 7 Home pre from my current computer not sure if I can re use the serial number again, I think I will go for a cheaper graphics card us only game very little.

Man of Honour
I think a 970 is a little excessive for someone who won't be gaming that much. Might be worth looking at the R9 280s for £150.

true that...

The phenom is only smaller than the prodigy due to the handles on the prodigy. The both use the same internal design. (Itx /Matx).

yea, it's due to the handles. as a prodigy owner myself, i'd prolly go with the phenom if i had a choice 2nd time round

Ive got windows 7 Home pre from my current computer not sure if I can re use the serial number again,

if it's a retail key, you can reuse the key in a new build. just have to call microsoft when activating
(i think you can do it for oem keys too...but it's not strictly legal)

Back
Top Bottom