New build frustration - Asus X570 Tuf gaming WiFi

Associate
Haven't built an up-to-date Pc for many years and have been a little out of touch with recent developments, but have just treated myself to a new rig. Id forgotten how God damn frustrating it could be!

I was trying to install W10 on this Asus board using Samsung Nvme as boot, but repeatedly getting installation failures. Took a little while to figure out why it wasn't even showing up as a boot option!
Anyway, cutting a long story short, after many hours of trying and failing, I finally find the answer!

Disabling the onboard wifi! Id seen it mentioned in a forum then found reference on Asus website. I disabled both WiFi and bt just in case, and the install flew.

I'm assuming it's simply down to the fact that even the latest W10 iso didn't have the device drivers for this hardware causing it to fail.

Why the hell don't they disable it by default and advise you... would save a lot of hasstle!

Strange I didn't have any such problems on a clean install of W10 1809 via an USB memory stick.
That was installing to an Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 on the bottom slot.

Think I installed the AMD chipset and WiFi/BT drivers manually after the main Windows install.

Back
Top Bottom