New Build Help

Associate
Hi guys well today while gaming my pc decided to pack up on me, spent the afternoon trying different things and have now given up on it as it could be anything from gpu motherboard/chip just red lights on mb now and no signal detected :(..so have decided to build a new pc but I'm out of date on what's about so could do with some help please so I get the right match with components :)

Looking for it as a gaming pc and want a good 980ti sound card mb cpu will keep my psu as it's not that old 850 corsair also looking for a corsair cooler and want to downgrade from a full tower case as i have a 800d and it's just to big now,something with good cooling and dust filters if poss as well..many thanks

Associate
OP
It's not that old m8 and everything fires up all fans just no signal on monitor red cpu led on gpu lights on and fans spinning I suspect it's my mb. .but I'm no expert on trouble shooting. .All that happen was gaming and all of a sudden fans sped up in case for about 5 sec then black screen tried reboot and I did get a green screen with artifacts .tried a reboot again and there is nothing now.

Associate
OP
Have added this to basket what you guys think.

okoqxj.png
[/IMG]

Soldato
You don't really need a soundcard. Motherboards have good onboard audio these days.

The 500GB Evo or the Crucial BX100 works out cheaper than 2 x 250GB ones.

The EVGA GS 650W is cheaper. You don't really need a Platinum rated unit. The EVGA GS is a Seasonic made psu.

This Corsair Ram is faster, and looks nicer imo.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E500B/EU) £155.99
1 x Crucial BX100 500GB SSD SATA 6Gbps 7mm Solid State Drive (CT500BX100SSD1) £139.99
1 x EVGA Supernova GS 650W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply £71.99
1 x Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit (CMY8GX3M2A2400C11R) £49.99
Total : £427.56 (includes shipping : £8.00 Ex.VAT).

Associate
OP
Hi Lee thanks for the updates ☺I went with the 2ssds because 1 was for windows etc and the other for my games. .but I like the ram and power supply was just something extra just picked one ☺

Associate
OP
Ok I just watched the YouTube video on how to test psu with the paper clip. .psu powers on and case fans spin but the psu fan is not spinning is that right? As in the video the psu fan spinned on start up .have got 5 fans running and still not spinning. The psu is a corsair hx850.

Soldato
Ok I just watched the YouTube video on how to test psu with the paper clip. .psu powers on and case fans spin but the psu fan is not spinning is that right? As in the video the psu fan spinned on start up .have got 5 fans running and still not spinning. The psu is a corsair hx850.

Some psu'is the fans won't spin up until it uses a certain amount of power and needs to be cooled. I think yours does this. I believe it's 500w before it kicks in but don't quote me on it

Associate
OP
Ah right I thought that might be why but just wanted to check before I rushed out and got a new one. Guess it's something else so that goes my idea of a cheapish fix. .Thanks for posting.

Associate
OP
I have reset cmos done jumper and took battery out ,reseated gpu removed ram and removed all cables and checked, them ,bios was upto date it was quite a old mb asus pro 67 running a i5 2500k ,can't do anything else really as have no spares ,I am suspecting it is mb with the cpu red light on,get no beeps on start up it doesn't seem to go into the check on start up I can't check much else as no signal to monitor so no idea now,got to figure out how I can get Windows off the sdd so I can reactivate it in the new build,when I get it next week, them in use that to test my old parts that I can sell on to get a bit of money back hopefully. Thanks for your help tho ☺

Associate
OP
No not tried doing that with the cpu but I just get a new mb and chip spent 2 days on it as it is just want a pc back up boring without 1 lol..can you do that with a ssd just stick it in another build? Thought it wouldn't boot it with it being different hardware but be great if I can get it to wipe ☺

Back
Top Bottom