New build problem

Associate
Long time lurker, needs you help please with a new build.
At the moment system is breadboarded for initial assembly.
On boot led's cycle through, get 1 short bleep, green light comes back on and stays on, WD Black rotoating and getting warm, GPU getting warm, however, no BIOS or POST screen.
Have tried two PSUs, two graphics cards, two monitors, Kingston SSD and WD Black both with new Win10 64bit installs on, any ideas why I can't boot? Suspect mb may have expired.
Mb Asus ROG strix b450-e
CPU Ryzen 1200

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi cchaos. According to the manual a green light illuminated after the single short beep from the speaker indicates a boot device problem. I have tried several memory configurations from Corsair Vengance and the only stick to pass the led's is 4gb of Crucial CT4G4DFS8266.C8FB. I appreciate that the ram is not 'high tech' but at least the mb continues to boot after 'inspecting' it. I am in contact with Asus' technical support, but, from their initial responce I get the feeling that they are trying to blame another component. I have also tried 3 monitors, Benq 27 and 24 inches and a SamsungC32JG5x.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just 'heard' from Asus technical support. It is not their problem as the memory I am using is not on their QVL list. I was expecting that responce.That ram passes the Asus boot up led sequence. ObviouslyI will not purchase another Asus branded product

Associate
OP
Hi cchoa, I appreciate your responces, but, I have ditched the mb in favour of an MSI Tomahawk Max. The motherboard has been unused for about 3 months I thought that I would build a system using it and other components.

Associate
Well, up to you I guess. I would just make sure that the MSI Tomahawk has the memory listed on the QVL list, otherwise I suspect that you will be in the same boat

Associate
OP
I have had a change of heart I would like to purchase RAM on Asus' QVL list. If I can purchase some I will push Asus as far as I can. Does anyone know where Asus' QVL RAM can be purchased? I will consult MSI's RAM QVL list and purchase RAM from that list, if I can find some.

Associate
Well, RAM can be brought from any computer store.

It's up to you to find what is compatible.

However, having said that: I have double checked my RAM in my computer, compared it to the Asus QVL for your motherboard, and low and behold it is mentioned in it. Link to RAM on OC: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...hannel-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2b30-my-445-cs.html

Now, all you need to do is copy CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 and open the QVL list for memory, and open find and search for: CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 to see if it also matches.

Associate
OP
Hi cchaos, Contary to what I 'said' earlier I have decided not to persue the matter with Asus any further.
I purchased an MSI Tomahawk Max which is performing well with the same components that I installed in the Asus.
Personally I fel that Asus should thank me as I found another RAM configuration to install in their Strix b450.
Once again many thanks for tour input, stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom