New build

Associate
Hey i'm looking for a bit of a steer for some new hardware, will be used for photo and video editing (as well as a bit of gaming)
so far i reckon this setup will fit the bill but looking for any potential bottlenecks I might not be aware of ( the last build I did was about 10 years ago so bit out of the loop) budget is a huge issue at the mo so will be buying in stages over a good few months so will probs start with the gfx card as I reckon it will work in my current aged beast (asrock n68c, amd athlon 11 x4 640, 8gb ddr3, geforce Gtx660 2gb)

ASUS PRIME B450M-A Motherboard (bundled with the ryzen)
SAPPHIRE RADEON RX 570 NITRO+ 8 GB
CCL 3.9GHz AMD Hexa Core Ryzen 5 2600
Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
Crucial Ballistix 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3600

Anywhere I've overlooked or where I can get better bang for buck/higher performance? Realise I've got storage to add too but will swap over ssd from current, also not sure how big a psu to get so any recommendations welcome!

TIA

Soldato
What is your avaliable budget, we don't want to spec you some bits that will be wayyyyyy to much... I'd consider Ryzen 3000 series or even 4000 series if your buying it over the next few months... Maybe aim for the 3700x if your doing a lot of editing, more cores and threads to get the most out of your CPU...

I've heard the ASUS boards have poor VRM cooling compared to many other B450 boards so maybe consider that when buying as youll be pushing the VRM's when editing

Associate
OP
Yeah I reckon. I only really edit 1080p and some AE at the mo so would be good to have some upgradability later but if I can build something in that price range that doesnt **** the bed without creating proxies I'd be happy!

Soldato
Well the more cores the better for editing but you probably could get away with a Ryzen 3600 and upgrade down the line...

Soemthing like:

Ryzen 3600
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
32gb DDR4 3000+

Those bits can be had for £400 or less than its just to get PSU and GPU. I'm not 100% on what GPU's are ideal for editing but PSU wise I'd go 550w, that will power the build no problem

Associate
OP
Hey @Minibiker, I had a good read and went for the 3600, tomahawk max, 32gb corsair, asus 1660 super (seemed to be marginally faster than the other brands versions if I'm not totally wrong), 1tb adata m2 ssd and a Corsair CV650 650W to give me a bit of headroom for later. Works like a treat so far though I've not done any heavy lifting, did a quick test on some timelapse footage and the render out was pretty painless. Cheers again for the help!

Soldato
Hey @Minibiker, I had a good read and went for the 3600, tomahawk max, 32gb corsair, asus 1660 super (seemed to be marginally faster than the other brands versions if I'm not totally wrong), 1tb adata m2 ssd and a Corsair CV650 650W to give me a bit of headroom for later. Works like a treat so far though I've not done any heavy lifting, did a quick test on some timelapse footage and the render out was pretty painless. Cheers again for the help!

Glad to hear it's all working as you want and your happy with your purchases...

Let's hope you have many happy hours using it bud :)

Back
Top Bottom