New Car - Bought the Primera GT [56k]

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the comments guys, might bring it along to the RR if I can sort myself out!

Insurance isn't too bad, i'm paying ~£950 with mods declared.

Associate
Doh. Just round the corner and I say I dont recognise the road! Thats the road next to the one where someone until recently had a red E30 with the worlds most rediculous size boot mounted ironing board/antlers?

Still debating whether to go down to the rr day. Depends on how upcoming weekends pan out.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, that was on Granville road, thankfully it's disappeared now. Though there is sometimes a delighful black 911 Turbo parked on the road, no sure who owns it though.

Soldato
That looks absolutely awesome! I really like the Primera GT's (and it sounds like everyone on here does as well :))

The wheels really suit it and it seems to have a great spec as well. 180bhp isn't going to be slow by any means :cool:

Soldato
Nissan Primera's have defiantly been the most reliable cars I have ever owned.

They may look a bit bland but they are serious value IMO.

I drive a Primera daily, (not a GT a SE) and is still strong after 150K on it. Infact the other half and me decided to let the Alfa Sportswagon go and replace it with another Primera.

Anyone any idea how the GT compares to the later Sport +. I can see the Sports a little less powerful but is there much else?

Soldato
OP
The Sport + is very similar to the GT. Obviously their are slight cosmetic changes inside + out.

The suspension setup is virtually identical, engine is about 20bhp down power wise. Apart from that they are similar cars.

Associate
I SERIOUSLY doubt that an insurance company would check the cams, so really there is no point in declaring them. Yes, it isn't exactly kosher, but insurance companies are rip-off merchants anyway. When my car was wrote-off, the insurance man just stuck his head under my bonnett and didn't actually check anything.

Soldato
Interesting that its had a cam replacement its a bloody big job on a Primera. It has a cam chain rather than a belt so it is near enough a full strip down for a few BHP. Must have had a very devoted owner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom