New car delays.

Associate
With the lockdown etc is anyone else having delays with a new motor vehicles.

Ordered the wife's Velar Hybrid on the 18th of May for delivery on the 25th for September but due to the shortage of parts and the semi-conductor issue its now 22nd of October and I bet this will slip.

Anyone else having similar delays.

Soldato
Seeing people ordering Octavias now being told Jan/Feb/March - guessing dates vary based on what options they're picking and how much those options are impacted by semiconductor shortages.

I might be out of touch, but if I ordered a new car and told me a lead time of more than 2 months I'd be walking away. Absolutely mental but as I say maybe I am out of touch.

As would a lot of people and this is exactly why you'll pay considerably more for a used car now than you would have done 3 to 6 months ago.

Man of Honour
I might be out of touch, but if I ordered a new car and told me a lead time of more than 2 months I'd be walking away. Absolutely mental but as I say maybe I am out of touch.

It's almost unheard of to get a car delivered in under 2 months after ordering it it's a factory order even before the latest issues.

Soldato
It's almost unheard of to get a car delivered in under 2 months after ordering it it's a factory order even before the latest issues.
Fair enough as I said I suspected I was out of touch. Wouldn't change my thought process, I'd be looking for alternatives be it keep my current car, do without or choosing something from the showroom be it second hand or in stock. The latter option being only as a last resort.

Associate
I'd imagine the long waits are part of the reason why the used market has gone insane, especially the 10k+ cars (from my experience of looking for one!)

Also, ouch those Porsches... I wonder how much Germany's current predicament is going to cause to anyone awaiting a German marque...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My dad was quoted a delivery date in October for a March order but I’d be amazed if the BMW dealer gets the car much before Christmas.

Soldato
I wonder what this will do to used car prices in a few years. I guess there will be very limited stock of cars from this period.

Soldato
We ordered last July and it was delivered in December, the supply issues came after that but unless a stock item I've never known a new factory build come within 2 months, I've only ever bought new from BMW so can't speak for other manufactures

Soldato
We ordered last July and it was delivered in December, the supply issues came after that but unless a stock item I've never known a new factory build come within 2 months, I've only ever bought new from BMW so can't speak for other manufactures
This..

I have always tended to buy cancelled factory orders too. You obviously forgo some choice but generally it is cheaper and quicker.

Back
Top Bottom