New Car : S3

Associate
OP
It seems to be a specific Audi size and yes the new and old navigation units can be retro-fitted.

Mine has the BOSE upgrade which a lot of people seem to slate but I have found it nice and crisp so far.

Associate
It seems to be a specific Audi size and yes the new and old navigation units can be retro-fitted.

Mine has the BOSE upgrade which a lot of people seem to slate but I have found it nice and crisp so far.

The nav unit isn't really worth the expense to be honest, you'd be better off with a TomTom in my opinion.

I agree with the BOSE comments. I find it pretty good as well albeit heavily rear-biased seeing as the amp only runs the rear speakers. The fronts still run off the head unit. Cheap gits. :)

Associate
OP
Soldato
[TW]Fox;16159948 said:
Drives like an FWD car, mind....

I think that's the point? I've been told that they are pretty much FWD until Slip is detected, and they have a fair bit of understeer built into the factory suspension system.

Man of Honour
I think that's the point? I've been told that they are pretty much FWD until Slip is detected, and they have a fair bit of understeer built into the factory suspension system.

Do remember that Slip != wheelspin. You introduce slip simply by applying power to the front wheels. Slip refers to rotational differences between the front and rear wheels.

However, you are right in that it is a FWD biased car, and that it is set up to understeer quite significantly (they did change this with the newer S3, which although still haldex, has a revised system that reduces this issue).

Associate
OP
26227_382485131742_680886742_4400144_3951824_n.jpg

Decent picture at last.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom