New Car!

Associate
I can't see the OP's car pic but from the comments I guessing its the pre-facelift Leon.
Replace the bumpers with the facelift ones (OEM not ebay fibreglass crap) and it will make a big improvement.
You can replace the alloys with the Cupra starfish or something else tasteful.
Go to seatcupra.net for all the info you will ever need about the car.

Soldato
Nice buy, I have one too :), 3 years together now - can't believe how much they have dropped in price though :o

The only change I made was to pop the facelift model wheels on - not expensive and improves the looks a little to my eye , plus they are a hell of a lot easier to clean :)
newshoes2.jpg

I'd love to know how it goes with a remap :)

Soldato
His is the 180bhp unit so its going to be an AUQ/ARY, the BAM unit didn't come in till 2000 and was only fitted to the Audi S3, Audi TT and Seat Leon Cupra R it also came with a K04 turbo not the K03's his car will be fitted with :)

On a revo stage one he should see around 210bhp, but he really needs a catback and forge to get more out of it.

Sorry, totally got the wrong end of the stick - thought we were talking about how well a LCR remaps.

Soldato
Just the change of alloys makes a hell of a difference to the looks. It does amaze me that the alloy choice makes or breaks the total look of a car.

Caporegime
Sorry, totally got the wrong end of the stick - thought we were talking about how well a LCR remaps.

Ah sorry, i was talking about the Cupra R engine vs his.

But yea the R has quite a nice remap potential due to the K04 turbo, the K03 is good for around 190 - 200bhp and the K03's which is a hybrid between the K03 and K04 should be good for around 220ish.

The BAM should get around 260 - 270bhp from a stage 1 with a Forge, close to 300 should be possible with the right mods but in honesty the best thing you can do with the 1.8T is ditch the tiny stock turbos.

Associate
Thanks for clarifying that.

And guys, stop telling the OP his car looks terrible, and its not an R - not what you want to hear about your new car, is it :(. Yes it looks a little plain, and yes he knows its not an R (didn't have the price tag either), but its hardly an ugly car in terms of 10 year old hatch backs, now is it?

Its called an opinion and people are expected to give them on internet forums no holds barred.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Stick some bigger wheels and the facelift bumpers on it and it'll look much better.
I wouldn't put an R bumper on it as it's not an R, but the facelift ones make it look much newer, if you feel the price is justified.
But you'd still be left with that rubbing strip..

Great car, enjoy it :)

@ Skii, it needs lowering!
and new bumpers

Associate
OP
Hi guys, cheers for replies...

The primera I used to have was a gt, which was ok but by the time I git rid it was a complete dog, all sorts of small problems and was going to become too expensive to sort out.

Regarding the Seat, I know the bland look of the oem cupra isn't to everyone's taste but I am happy with it, functions as a good sleeper and is much nicer car to live then the primera. The climatronic temperature control is a nice feature and the fact it doesn't have the turning circle of a bus makes a suprising difference! May consider retro fitting cruise control aswell. The 6th gear also makes motorway driving very nice, and after the remap still has enough to pull from 80 to 95+ in no time without changing gears....

Discovered the car had the water leak through door seals but have sorted that out myself already, only a half hour job taking door panel off etc...discovered the fix on the very comprehensive seat cupra forums whom I'm now a member of..

Mods wise havnt got much else planned, performance wise not going to do anything more really, had cat-back exhausts on last 2 cars and tbh after a while found them tiring...and happy with the power I have at the moment.

Looks wise might look into the different alloys ie. Starfish, but for the moment I'm happy.

Handling and braking wise will probably add strut braces and when brakes go may replace with drilled and grooved etc...

Soldato
As with the Mk4 Golf of the same era, remove the drivers door barrell lock and replace with a blanking plate ;)

Soldato

So some scrote doesn't stick a screwdriver into it. Its an easy mod to do and the Mk4 Golf suffered the problem of having a poorly designed locking feature that dropped the windows if the lock was tampered with in a certain way. I don't know if the Leon ever suffered the same fate but the blanking plate and lock assembly look identical - so I'd rather not take the chance :)

Caporegime
So some scrote doesn't stick a screwdriver into it. Its an easy mod to do and the Mk4 Golf suffered the problem of having a poorly designed locking feature that dropped the windows if the lock was tampered with in a certain way. I don't know if the Leon ever suffered the same fate but the blanking plate and lock assembly look identical - so I'd rather not take the chance :)

Interesting if true because thats quite a design flaw, if i stick my key in the door i can get all the car windows to go auto up or down, i trust the Golf uses the same system, however i know as a fact that once my car is locked an event such as smashing the window won't allow you to open the door (Deadlocked) and i'm quite sure that under this state turning the key in the lock does nothing.

Caporegime

Interesting if true because thats quite a design flaw, if i stick my key in the door i can get all the car windows to go auto up or down and i can do the same from the keyfob, i trust the Golf uses the same system, however i know as a fact that once my car is locked via the fob an event such as smashing the window won't allow you to open the door (Deadlocked) and i'm quite sure that under this state turning the key in the lock does nothing.

Associate
Oh god, I was just thinking about remapping my LCR and now its being mentioned here and making me want to do it more :(

Anyone know how much the Revo maps make in terms of useability? Is the MPG destroyed? Is it just going to spin in every gear when you boot it etc?

Lovely cars though, would recommend the LCR to anyone and the residuals aren't too bad if you are buying currently.

Back
Top Bottom