New Case Suggestions

Soldato
meansizzler said:
I have an X1800XT, same length as X1900 near enough length of mobo 9.6", but thing about SUGO is it has room on top of hard drive bay where the PCI-E cable plugs in direct and sits nice and cosy...the PC-7 does not have no room, is it me or is the card installed in the second slot not the first?...

Its not my case, yes it is in the second as the first causes stability issues on that motherboard.

Wow you go on and on about that case but look at the distance between the hard drive and graphics card?, I have more room in my SUGO case for the graphics card than you have in the PC-7, and putting the hard drives in the floppy bay is not a solution, they will get hot...you seem to give negatives about other cases like stacker 830, but i never hear you give negatives about the PC-7 or eclipse case, also the Lian Li V1000, it has the same graphics card problem right?...not even distance betten the PCI-E power connector and 5 1/4 drives.., hmm not to sound negative but the cases you mention like the S80 and eclipse are pretty ugly cases, expecially the eclipse one of the ugliest cases I ahve seen, in terms of looks the Stacker 830 will blow it away, so would the Coolermaster Ammo, which would be a good recommendation as an alternative over the Lanboy, have you even got an Ammo yet?..., you migth actually like it...

Its enough, thats a larger than normal graphics card and it looks like its bent up becasue of the way the cable lies. Hard drives in the floppy bay IS a solution as it runs fine for 9 months with good temperatures, so please don't comment unless you knwow hat your talking about!

Other cases I see negatives on yes! I know the negatives of the PC7+, but its 1/3 the price of the stacker. The v1000+ having the same problem, please get with it and know what your talking about. LOADS of room, so yes, it is a tight fit as you say.

As I have said before, looks are subjective, don't bring them into a debate about cases as your opinions on the appearance of a case are entirely subjective.

Have I even had an Ammo, not one personally no. I have seen one in a store and its not a patch on the Lian Li. Lanboy for £33 is a AWSOME buy, its a £80 case for that money. Simple really mate.

The PC7+ graphics card is a 1800XL with a Tagan connector on it.

v1000002largepw1.jpg

As you can see, a really tight fit. :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
I think I am going to get the akasa eclipse case its just that bit longer and hope to see moody's temps before I buy.

Also how many fans come with it ? if it does come with fans should I use them or buy different ones if so how many Akasa Ambers should I buy along with the fan controller I mentioned above ?

Is there any other fan locations apart from the front, back and side (Thermal Cover) is there a fan slot on top ?

One more question I saw on a picture next to the PCI Slots there are little holes not in any particular pattern can a fan be put where they are ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just the three fan locations, it comes without any fans at all. You have to buy them.

The temperatures in this case are the lowest you will get of any case, I would not wait on the temperatures and just order now. ;)

Associate
OP
Need to know how much to spend before I can sort out what money I can spare.

So far its
Fan Controller I mentioned above (Even though I will be only using 3 fans) £29.32
4 Akasa AK-183-L2B Amber Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan - 3 pin £46.76
Eclipse Case (Akasa) £82.19
Akasa AK-178-UV 12" Cold Cathode - Ultra-Violet £8.58
or
Akasa Dual UV Cold Cathodes 1 Inverter £10.46
Akasa Eclipse 62 Thermally Advanced Side Panel £22.91
ThermalRight XP-120 (Socket 754/939/478) Heatsink £29.96

Total £211.14 (Including VAT) :eek: (Without the Cathodes since I havent made my mind up yet)

Zefan what do you mean CAVERNOUS

Last edited:
Soldato
He means huge, the PC7+ is fairly roomey but I would not go that far, that word is reserved for the Eclipse.

Although he may have meant the Eclipse, in which case I owe him an appology as he is right, its very very spacious.

If you drop the side panel and a fan it comes down in price, they are not really needed for almost all rigs, it just lowers the graphics card temperatures from very low to stupidly low.

Only real use is for a SLI rig.

Associate
CPU Idle temps are at 33 and that's with the stock heatsink. Full load is 39. Dread to think what temps I could get with a better heatsink fan.

Also why do you need the four ambers? You only need two, one for the front and one for the back unless your planning on modding the case. The thermal sidepanel already has a fan fitted plus it's a smaller size one if your planning on replacing it.

Also, I've got the Akasa FC-03 controller. It's something that can be added to the case later if you can't afford it now.

Associate
OP
oh lol thought you just bought hte side panel I didnt know it came supplied with a fan.

It comes with a sleeve bearing fan would a balbearing fan be better ?
Also should I use it as an intake or outake ?

Also the fan on the thermal panel is a 120mm x 120mm x 25mm

Also that Fan Controller is the one in my price it is £29 on the OCUK Site.

Someone mentioned earlier about the YS-Tech Fans, They are 4pin will not work with the fan controller.

Last edited:
Associate
alphaomega16 said:
oh lol thought you just bought hte side panel I didnt know it came supplied with a fan.

It comes with a sleeve bearing fan would a balbearing fan be better ?
Also should I use it as an intake or outake ?

I don't have the panel yet but I would assume you'd use it as an intake so that you have cold air blowing over your Graphics card.

They was someone who posted in here about the side panel recently. Can't remember who but I'll try and find the post. I know he changed the fan in the panel.

Associate
OP
hey moody I edited my last post if you could take a look at the revised one :)

Also would the Akasa FC03 FC be able to use the YS-Tech since they are 4pin and the FC is 3 pin ?

Associate
Now then. Not sure if I can answer the question regarding the controller since I went with the ambers. I'm pretty sure they might have been an adopter in the pack or maybe one came with the ambers. Can't remember so I'll have to check my spare cables when I get home to see what I had left over. And the controller is the one on the ocUK site for £29.

Also checked and you are right the fan on the side is 120mm. Can't really comment on what the fan supplied with the side is like but from my experience fans supplied with cases are normally quite loud.

Associate
OP
Cheers.

I am gonna order 3 Ambers as well anyway since I can use the ones supplied with the case as a back-up if anything fails with the other fans and will do til I get a replacement.

Thanks again folks :)

Soldato
alphaomega16 said:
DAMN with this heatwave I thoght I would check my dads computer temps and his CPU (XP2400+ AMD) is running at 50-55 on idle
newreply.php

Thats fine, mines be running 73deg load for almost two years. :)

Stable = Ok.

Soldato
Its a XP, they run hot, the case has no fans on it bar a delta on the CPU cooler.

Its on 24/7 so in this heat nothing I would not expect, case temp is in the 40's which is almost danger zone but nothing I am particularly concerned about.

If its ran for years fine, why worry. ;)

Back
Top Bottom