• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Conroe Reviews Including 6800

str

str

Soldato
Good review (from reading the benchmark pictures). It appears the difference between CPUs with 2MB cache and 4MB cache isn't that much even in games.

The 2MB E6300 overclock to 2.4 GHz makes a huge difference bringing it almost in line with the 4MB E6600 (stock at 2.4 GHz) in some benchmarks and not that far behind in some of the game benchmarks.

:D

Suspended
Excellent performance. My oh my, this is mega!! I'm very very keen on getting an E6300 now - bargain mega performance!!! What memory was it run with btw, though? 800mhz or 667Mhz? How much might that affect performance?

Soldato
booyaka said:
in english would be helpful for all the none french speaking people!!
Article in (more or less) English.

Shame there's no E6400 there, as it's the one I have been looking at, but it looks like the E6300 almost matches the FX-60 and FX-62 anyway from where I am sitting. :) Would be a spankathon with an overclock, lol.

=assassin= said:
Excellent performance. My oh my, this is mega!! I'm very very keen on getting an E6300 now - bargain mega performance!!! What memory was it run with btw, though? 800mhz or 667Mhz? How much might that affect performance?
I agree! The site says they used DDR2-553 for the tests and DDR-667 for overclocking tests.

Last edited:
Suspended
Úlfhednar said:
I agree! The site says they used DDR2-553 for the tests and DDR-667 for overclocking tests.

Hmm, things can keep even lower in budget if it performs that well then - some cheap 667Mhz RAM might not be so bad afterall... :D

Soldato
I have just noticed something thats got me very worried. On the dfi board the power supply connectors there, there is a block that uses 8 pins from the psu.

conroedfi.jpg

My psu is an older sparkle 400watt and it has the normal atx connector and a 4 pin connector. Does this mean I need a psu too? :confused:

Caporegime
Jimbo said:
I have just noticed something thats got me very worried. On the dfi board the power supply connectors there, there is a block that uses 8 pins from the psu.

conroedfi.jpg

My psu is an older sparkle 400watt and it has the normal atx connector and a 4 pin connector. Does this mean I need a psu too? :confused:

yes

Back
Top Bottom