Associate
Hi Community!

I've just finished my custom loop, which consist of a EK XRES-100 D5 revo pwm pump/res combo, EK Strix 1080 Ti gpu block, EK Velocity CPU block, 1x 360 Bykski 28mm radiator, 1x EK PE240 radiator, Aquacomputer HighFlow LT flow meter and 5x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax pwm fans. All this is controlled by an Aquacomputer OCTO. I'm using XSPC 11/16 soft tubing and XSPC 11/16 compression fittings.
The D5 running at full speed and my flow rate is 75.10 L/H. I think it should be higher...
What you guys think should I be worried about my pump, or is it ok?
Thank you very much for the help.

Associate
What are your temps like.. both idle and on full load?

Have you made sure there are no bubbles in the system? Usual culprit being in the blocks or radiators.

If temps seem fine, i wouldn't worry too much about flow rate

Soldato
What fluid are you using?
AC's flow monitoring kit is usually calibrated to their own DP Ultra fluid, which has a different glycol content (about 20%) to most other manufacturers' fluids (around 40%), so it can give false and zero readings if you use the latter.

Soldato
I have sigs turned off so I can't see what specs you have. 50C on a 1080ti seems reasonable. 70C on a cpu seems high but it depends on the cpu and what it's doing to get that hot. AVX tests can generate serious heat.

75 LPH for a D5 seems low. Are you sure it's on full?

Associate
OP
The CPU is a 8700K @ 4.9GHz and 1.28V... 70C° is during stress test in Aida64... Yes, it seems low for me too the 75 LPH, that's why I asked if I should be worried about my pump... Also I noticed since the first post, when I'm switching on the pc the pump starts kinda lazy and with some 3-4 second delay...

Soldato
At max revs, my D5 gets about 270l/h on a fairly restrictive loop. 75 does seem pretty low...

The AC flow meter is not very accurate and really should be used as a guide your pump is running and for using the alarm feature. There are much better flow meters available.
When Igors Lab tested against stupidly expensive professional Hall sensors, AC kit generally came out as accurate to -0.1 - +0.2l/h
I'd love to know which meters are more accurate than that.

Associate
OP
As soon as I'm getting home I will drain and take apart the loop to see what is going on... I have a feeling it's either the CPU block was put together wrong way or one of the fittings are maybe went too deep and that's blocking the way... Anyway I will report back and thank you very much for everyone for the help... Also I have another question... What other flow meter can I use with my OCTO? I don't have any aquaero yet, only the OCTO...

Soldato
Before dismantling, in the BIOS what does the pump rpm show as? Have you got it set to something other than 100%? If it's set to anything less than 80% I'd boost it up to at least that. At 80% you shouldn't be able to hear it assuming it's reasonably isolated.

Associate
OP
It's PWM cable connected to one of the fan header of the OCTO and the molex is to the PSU. It's set up as 100% and it's reading ~4830 RPM... Also I can hear the pump...

Associate
Troubleshooting list would be:

>a kink in the tubing
>radiator got particles blocking the channels
>particles blocking the blocks
>the whole jet plate and cold plate is installed horizontally instead of vertically parallel/aligned to the top.
>the jet plate got wonky as you installed it ( I had this on their new velocity block when the little acrylic top only had a thin part holding the jet plate in place like 1mm x 1mm little acrylic holding the jet plate as you install it cause I had to swap the pre-installed intel bracket for the amd one. Some how the top part (it has 2 acrylic protrusions which holds the jet plate) that held mine broke and as water came in the jet plate moved.
>The D5 at full tilt is audible but you should not be running it at full tilt with that config

Associate
I agree that your not moving enough coolant around, I have three rads (3x360) a CPU and GPU block.
My x-res D5 combo is moving 230l/h on 12v set to 5v it was moving 70l/h so might be worth checking the Molex pins to see what voltage is available to the pump.

Associate
May have air bubble trapped in the loop somewhere.crank the pump to max and leave it for a while, move the case around and try and work and large bubbles loose

Associate
On low flow the time the water spends in the water block will be longer
Leading to water entering the radiator at significantly higher temperature than the exit
If you have a thermal probe measure the inlet and outlet of the radiator
I place the probe in between the fins
If difference is 5 degrees you have insufficient flow

Associate
OP
Thank you guys, the problem is now solved! The CPU block was full with gunk which was coming from the top radiator. I've properly cleaned everything, new tubes and new liquid and now on 100% pump speed I'm reading 245 l/h... Still bleeding the system but temps are looking way better than before.

Once again thank you very much for everyone!

Back
Top Bottom