New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Find stuff like this to be extremely subjective, so one person might think a monitor looks poor but it may look great to someone else.

This is why I'll read a couple of reviews to make sure there aren't any major short comings and then ultimately decide for myself.
Absolutely. I really don’t care too much, as long as the BLB etc isn’t horrific. I currently use a 4K60 VA LG monitor as my daily driver , and by any scientific metrics, it is shonky asf. The colour shift is terrible, the colours themselves are pretty bad, but... it’s fine for me. The plan is to get the Dell monitor, then next year replace my 4K monitor with a 244hs one, when i hopefully get an RTX 3080...

Associate
well ups advised 22/9 for delivery of the monitor so today i had some things to attend to went out. when i got back found a "missed you note" from ups lol. on ringing customer services was told it might come wednesday .i advised them of the original day i was told and he just repeated his comments. then said they get also delivered to a pickup point .which i found odd as it says requires a signature. ups are rubbish so im now playing a waiting game lol,

Associate
well ups advised 22/9 for delivery of the monitor so today i had some things to attend to went out. when i got back found a "missed you note" from ups lol.

Oof, I always just get stuff delivered to my work for this reason. With my weird work shift pattern and without a guaranteed delivery date I can never confirm if I will be home or not.

My order finally updated to shipped as of 10 minutes ago, due on the 23rd so I'm happy. I can't wait to upgrade from this 21.5" 60Hz TN panel! After reading the rtings review I need to do some research on calibrating. There may not be much point but I figure if I'm spending £330, I may as well get it performing as optimally as possible.

Associate
Oof, I always just get stuff delivered to my work for this reason. With my weird work shift pattern and without a guaranteed delivery date I can never confirm if I will be home or not.

My order finally updated to shipped as of 10 minutes ago, due on the 23rd so I'm happy. I can't wait to upgrade from this 21.5" 60Hz TN panel! After reading the rtings review I need to do some research on calibrating. There may not be much point but I figure if I'm spending £330, I may as well get it performing as optimally as possible.
Same. Ordered today and was told I would get on 12th October. Just had an email saying its come 23rd... Buzzing. How does one calibrate the colours?

Associate
buy a spider x elite ir does it all for you puts an icc profile into windows so when you start pc i loads the values only takes about 10 minutes but before that use eizo monitor check and its goes through dead pixels etc which is useful

Associate
Just randomly checked and got a tracking code with Syncreon for delivery on the 23rd.

That's going to be a fun day, also have a new Surface Pro incoming the same day.

Soldato
I'm going to request a return on my monitor as I won't get a chance to test it until 30th which will be too late as it was delivered on 17th. Could anyone share their experience with returns, does Dell allocate a courier and how long does it take to organise?

TIA

Associate
What are everyones recommended OSD settings for this monitor? I am struggling to get an ICC profile to load for full screen, I've used Rtings & Dells provided one but neither seem to work Full screen.

I have read ICC profiles are mostly ignored by games so I'm happy to set the OSD correctly and be done with it.

What are people going with? I'm coming from an older IPS monitor and this monitor seems a bit oversaturated, but I'm not sure if I'm just not used to perhaps better colours.

Thanks!

Associate
does that headphone jack work? mine didn't, though if I put the cable in the audio connector near the hdmi/dp inputs i get sound... but nothing from the headphone jack near the front...

Back
Top Bottom