New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Its the burn in tool. It will be the onboard memory that's gone, so it just like its come from the factory every time I turn it on. Can even see the factory service menu.

Associate
:D
Yep, same. Not particularly worried, and certainly cba to chase support. I think it did say it may take 3 days after shipping for tracking to work, which seems v odd.
Just got an email from DHL to say it's getting delivered today between 12-1, so a whole 3 hours notice which isn't great but luckily someone's gonna be in, can't moan too much considering the expected date when ordering was the 1st of October:D

Associate
My Dell S2716DG is being replaced under warranty with this new model as they have no stock. It still works it just factory resets every time its switched off and on.
Cant knock Dell at all with the way they handle warranty

Great result. That's why I'll only ever buy Dell.

Sure it's annoying for something to go wrong but when they have decent warranty then it softens the blow of the inconvenience

:D
Just got an email from DHL to say it's getting delivered today between 12-1, so a whole 3 hours notice which isn't great but luckily someone's gonna be in, can't moan too much considering the expected date when ordering was the 1st of October:D
I got mine delivered to another address, thinking I won’t be where i am now when it gets delivered. Seems as though they are being super cautious with their estimates.

I also won’t have a freesync or g-sync GPU to test it with for the foreseeable. Hopefully i can use my ****** Mac to test the basics just fine. Wanted to get in there early with the crazy discount. Such a good price for the monitor, I couldn’t resist.

Associate
Just got my monitor today and noticed the bottom bezel isn't tight against the screen. Is this normal as I have the older TN panel Some S2719DGF and the bezel is tight

Thanks

Associate
Just got my monitor today and noticed the bottom bezel isn't tight against the screen. Is this normal as I have the older TN panel Some S2719DGF and the bezel is tight

Thanks
do you mean the bottom bezel isn't flush with the glass? If so then that is how it should be.

As long as the gap is uniform then that's fine

Soldato
Mine has a tiny gap between the screen along the bottom, less than 1mm from memory, as it's not in front of me. The plastic bezel isn't up tight/attached to the panel, but it seems it's designed that way rather than it being a fault.

Associate
I am surprised at all the positive feedback from this monitor when Rtings review shows a horrible pre-calibration image. Are you guys all just getting lucky or what?

I need mine professionally calibrated I'm pretty sure.

Associate
To be fair, I'll probably end up doing some colour changes anyway once my eyes adapt to the faster refresh rate - It's totally usable. Going to be down to preference.

Soldato
I am surprised at all the positive feedback from this monitor when Rtings review shows a horrible pre-calibration image. Are you guys all just getting lucky or what?

The rtings review seems quite professional, and the monitor gets marked down in a few aspects, I would guess, by it not being perfectly set up for a print/photo professional who has to ensure what they see on the screen is precisely what gets printed on paper or published on a website that will be visited by people using different browsers and using different screens.

This monitor is marketed and specced as a multimedia/gaming monitor, not a professional photo production monitor, I'd guess that would be the dell ultrasharp range, rather than the S-series.

I'm using it as a multimedia/gaming screen, and its a really nice screen for that.

Soldato
Mine just arrived.

It is sitting next to another 27" 1440p 60hz IPS screen, which is a screen I was very happy with.

My old screen now feels like a laggy mess, and that's just on the desktop. Incredible.

Associate
tbh until i calibrated mine i thought it was too bright but now its fine. At first i thought there was no difference to my s2716dg . but after playing games etc saw its faster .aAnd the picture quality is very good . using faster setting after seeing reviewer who said using the 2 others you get overshoot.

My main monitor (4K60) is a VA with pretty grim colour shift. The blacks/greys felt horrible to begin with, so when my Dell monitor turns up, I'll similarly adapt to any flaws I suspect (unless truly dealbreakers). I am not spending hundreds on colour calibrating equipment that I will use once every year or two. It's just not worth it for someone who doesn't do any photo/video work at all.

Back
Top Bottom