New Drivers - how much insurance you paying?

Suspended
im thinking of getting a 1.2 vauxhall corsa like a M-P reg and for third party fire and theft my cheapest quote is £1445 anyone got any lower then this? or is this what i should expect to pay as its probably going to cost me 3 x more then the car its self :o

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Why are you relating insurance premium to the cost of the car? They have nothing to do with one-another?

Associate
Tried Tesco/Co-Op? When I just passed Co-Op were the cheapest for me by a fair way, sadly after the 1st year it actually went up! Tesco were then cheaper.

Soldato
<Typical insurance-related thread response> The only way to get the cheapest insurance quote for yourself is to check out each individual insurer (lots are listed in the sticky). Insurance costs are different for each person with each different insurance company. Your post code, DOB, how long you've been driving, what car all affect insurance, and also the total value of claims a particular company have had for similar people driving similar cars in the past year. </Typical insurance-related thread response>

Man of Honour
Insurance for young first time drivers will always be a killer I'm afraid. :(

On my first car (many moons ago), it still cost me £900 TPFT, for a fiat uno 60s. It was more than the car was worth!

Soldato
The 2.0 Mondeo costs ~£2200.

The Rover 214i is a bit cheaper at ~£1850.

Not much difference but a heck of a difference in car!

Insurance sucks the big one at 18 with 0ncb :(

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It has no relation whatsoever with a £500 corsa was what i was meaning, as its purely the risk being assessed in this case :p

Soldato
Tesla said:
The 2.0 Mondeo costs ~£2200.

The Rover 214i is a bit cheaper at ~£1850.

Not much difference but a heck of a difference in car!

Insurance sucks the big one at 18 with 0ncb :(

And I thought the test quotes I was being given were bad :o ,admiral gave me £1700 third party on a mondy like yours (was £1900 before I tried adding my mum named driver)

I'm 19, 0 ncb, and driving for 3 months, I'd have expected you to have got similar tbh, because while you are younger, you have been driving longers :confused:

Associate
ATM DirectLine seems to be doing a nice deal, where named drivers get NCB, sound more reasonable as you get NCB while your still paying a lower premium then when you get 2 or so year you can continue on your own as you will be almost if not 25 so premiums will be lower anyway.

Soldato
at 20+8months, passed at 20th birthday time ish but was on mums insurance, Corsa LS 1.2 (1195) N reg (1996), £450 ish fully comp for me and then GF, thats without the pass plus and with 250 V/E

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom