New DVI Cable.

gpl

gpl

Associate
What would be a quality DVI cable to buy I need one for my new monitor has it does not supply one of these with it ,only vga.
Cheers.

Soldato
What would be a quality DVI cable to buy I need one for my new monitor has it does not supply one of these with it ,only vga.
Cheers.

Any that you find will be fine, no point spending an arm and a leg on a digital cable, just go with the cheapest you can find.

Associate
Get the cheapest one you can possibly find. DVI is digital, so cable quality is not a factor in image quality. You'll either get a perfect image or no image at all.

Daft question, but would a longer cable contribute to input lag?

Obviously there will be a bit, as the cable is longer so the signal has further to travel but seeing as that signal travels near enough the speed of light the difference should be completely invisible.

Associate
When buying one for myself found that there were , in fact, two slightly differing dvi cables available.

1.Single link
2.Dual link

Basically the Dual has more pins/connectors

What actual real benefit a dual link gives over a single link I never really found out and as my monitor was happy with either (and I assumed that more is better) I bought the cheapest dual link I could find (single link wasn't any cheaper) and no problems !

You might want to check which is 'better'/'appropriate' for your monitor.

N.B. I do not know if all monitors that have a dvi connection can take either link - I believe this is the case but if I am wrong would someone please correct me.

Soldato
What actual real benefit a dual link gives over a single link I never really found out and as my monitor was happy with either (and I assumed that more is better) I bought the cheapest dual link I could find (single link wasn't any cheaper) and no problems !

Dual link is only needed for resolutions over 1920x1200 (i.e. 30" LCD monitors such as the Dell or Hazro). This is because a single DVI channel cannot phsyically send as much data as is required for the number of pixels, hence 2 DVI channels are used.

Back
Top Bottom