New eating/fitness regime, good/bad?

Associate
Okay so I've started eating healthy and joined a health club. The health club has only been the last week but I've been eating healthy for a month or two now (Mixed with nightly crunches and a couple of 5 mile runs a week) and have gone from 10 stone 8, to 9 stone 13 which I am pretty happy about (5foot 7,23yrs,male). Also cut out the weekend binge booze sat night sessions.

Currently eat (Mon-Fri)

Breakfast bowl of fresh fruit salad or special K cereal (07:30)
Cereal Bar (11:00)
Wholemeal homemade sandwich for lunch - Contents various sliced meat or Sunday roast left overs with tomato & mixed salad (13:30)
Banana (17:30)
Tea (21:00) whatever mum has rustled up, often oven chips and a bit of quiche or pie or something with a veg. A couple times a week it will be something homemade and decent though.

Fitness, I have been alternating the nights between gym/swim/sauna and swim/sauna. I read it is best to leave the muscles some recovery time so I thought it best not to go to the gym every night. Is this right?

Aim – Really toned muscle all over - not a big beef cake, specifically toned in the Abs and arms. I want a beast of a six pack mainly.

My routine on the gym/swim/sauna night.

17:50 - 18:00 – Warmup on rowing machine, (Around 150 calories)
18:00 – 19:00 – Various strength machines, maybe 10 mins of floor abs workouts
19:00 – 19:30 – Cardio on treadmill (12km/hr, 300+ calories)
19:30 – 19:45 – Total abdominal machine and floor crunches.
20:00 – 20:10 – Sauna
20:10 – 20:40 – Swim, front crawl and breast stroke
20:40 – 20:50 – Sauna/Steam room

So basically guys I am just after a bit of advice really based on my current eating and fitness regime. You know things like am I eating right and at the best times to get the most out of my workout and is my workout correct in terms of getting to my aim. Anything that will help really.

Cheers
Ben J

Last edited:
Associate
That's a large amount of exercise in one session! I think the general rule of thumb is to have your workout done and dusted in less than an hour.
You should really look at maybe splitting your weights and cardio sessions up into different days.
Your diet isn't great in all honesty - although you will probably lose weight ok as you are hardly eating anything.
Building muscle will not happen as you have a serious lack of protein in your diet.

Anyway, someone with more knowledge than myself will probably be along shortly to help you further.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom