New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
I would stay with the Google Apps if you can. Though I don't really like them. They are a bit basic compared to other apps, and try to interlink all your accounts when you don't want to. If you do then happy days.

Soldato
Google Keep looks good. I'd like to use it for Shopping lists. Ideally I'd like it to share automatically with my misses. It seems you can manually send the list, or upload it to Google Drive, and create a shared folder there.... Slightly annoying i can't just share it with her and let the app share it and it auto updates when either of us add to it.

Soldato
Google Keep looks good. I'd like to use it for Shopping lists. Ideally I'd like it to share automatically with my misses. It seems you can manually send the list, or upload it to Google Drive, and create a shared folder there.... Slightly annoying i can't just share it with her and let the app share it and it auto updates when either of us add to it.

Thats how it works, add a person as a contributor - but they need a Google account.

Works pretty well with Google Now/Voice - "Add milk to my shopping list"

Soldato
I used to use Beep NGo on my Note 5 and could store my store card and discount card on it. I understand the Note 5 would use Mobeam though, it worked great. Could do my shopping completely without my wallet.

Now I'm on a Pixel XL, Beep nGo doesn't work. I assume this is a hardware limitation (reflection off the glass?) or can anyone recommend a store card app that will work?

Thanks.

Soldato

Worth checking out trello.. it takes Google keep to the next level. The only issue is that you need an internet connection for it to work

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a business card scanner?

Ideally one that adds their contact details to your phone and allows you to categorise the contract. I don't mind paying for the right app.

Soldato
Not sure where to add this really, but does anyone know how folks are already sending animated gifs on Whatsapp? The update to add that functionality isn't out afaik but a fair few stock images have been circulating on some groups that I'm in.

These aren't freshly created images that have been turned into gifs either!

Soldato
Thats how it works, add a person as a contributor - but they need a Google account.
Which they would have if they have an Android phone anyway :)

The girlfriend and I have various Keep notes setup, including a (food) shopping list. Once you've shared it, it's easy. Tick off items and they disappear, add new ones. Absolutely perfect.

Caporegime
Todoist.

I do like a good Todo list app and this one seems to tick all the boxes. It has a nice UI and syncs with your gmail account for notifications and reminders in your inbox. Also it has a web front as well.

Web interface

todoist.jpg

Soldato

Bit late maybe. We use Kepp for shopping list just fine. Shared it once and ever since it's sync automatically. Every now and again it has a little fit if we try to update it soon after each other but if you give it a minute it works fine.

Soldato
Not sure where to add this really, but does anyone know how folks are already sending animated gifs on Whatsapp? The update to add that functionality isn't out afaik but a fair few stock images have been circulating on some groups that I'm in.

From what I've seen it's iOS only at the moment, can't do it on my 6P.

Soldato

The WhatsApp update that allows animated GIFs just landed on my Nexus 6 :D

The group chats are in for it now! :)

Back
Top Bottom