New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
The WhatsApp update that allows animated GIFs just landed on my Nexus 6 :D

The group chats are in for it now! :)

Got it late last night too on the 6P as did the missus on her OP3. Inline gifs are great!

Update doesn't appear for me on the Play store (thanks staged rollouts), but grabbed it from here, now I can send uh, "safe" gifs :p.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have now fully moved from Quickpic (debloated version) to Piktures, as the old version of Quickpic was crashing on Android N. Actually quite enjjoying some features of Piktures, like the resize dialogue and option to strip geotagging data from images sent to a sharing intent with another app/upload.

Soldato
I have now fully moved from Quickpic (debloated version) to Piktures, as the old version of Quickpic was crashing on Android N. Actually quite enjjoying some features of Piktures, like the resize dialogue and option to strip geotagging data from images sent to a sharing intent with another app/upload.
I gave up on Piktures, found it very slow in picking up newly taken photos on the 6P. Ended up moving to FOTO Gallery instead. It is rammed with features and does what QP more or less did. It does weigh in at 6mb or so though!

It's such a shame that QP doesn't work right on N :/

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got a link? Not had slow update issues on piktures, but potd sounds interesting. I Googled the name but now Google thinks I'm searching for pantyhose galleries :/

Caporegime
I quite like google photos tbh, I really need to put the albums and other features to better use though!

Can't get on with any other photos galleries. Quickpic was good whilst it lasted :(

Soldato
Soldato
Well this looks good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEyDt0DNjWU

Also someone mentioned sync.me. Gives you the identity (incl. facebook profile) of an unknown caller. Didn't use it myself.

sync.me looks like it works on their web thing and all it did was probably add the number to their marketing list :o

It ticked all the boxes and then was like oops can't find anything

Back
Top Bottom