New essential Android apps thread

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah bummer, maybe it will update to support more in time!

Really cool feature though, makes WhatsApp Web site kinda redundant now lol. Phone calls can also be done from laptop/pc.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Can anyone recommend me a good shift work app? I currently use Shift Work Schedule, and it's perfect for showing my shifts and alarming me when I'm going to work, but I'd like a little extra if possible :-

Add holidays (with a counter of possible?)
Add overtime
Add shift swaps

Thanks in advance.

I use shift worker now
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taulapps.shiftworkernow

Been using various versions of this app for the last 5 years and found it the best, I work a rolling rota but need to have the ability to change days etc

Soldato
Noticed Firefox Preview's stable build now has uBlock Origin. I was using the Nightly build before for it but found it crashed often so didn't use it as my main browser. Seeing as it now has the basic features I use (uBlock, video autoplay block, open links in apps, top sites) I'm going to give this a go as my default browser.

One issue I found so far however is Google still displaying a poorer version of their site. It's still fine for searches, but the experience is not as rich and I can't do things like reverse image search.

Edit: Having trouble getting custom rules to work on uBlock, and the autoplay block doesn't work.

Last edited:
Soldato
What issue have you had?
Screenshot-20200411-160942.jpg

The lose of directory names after a recent update has been the most annoying thing...

I've also been having issues with cutting whole directories from different sources; SD to internal memory etc. Also, copying files from OTG USB to internal memory has chucked up a few errors :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sounds like a theme corruption or some non conformity with the system theme. I've been updating no problems and it has had no bugs. I'd reset the app cache/data and see if that has restored those bits. I use Solid to xfer files between internal, SD, LAN and Cloud regularly for reference.

Having used many file managers over the years, there isn't a better one than Solid. But if you just want a completely basic file manager then your phone may well come with one built in. The latest update to Samsung's My Files allows LAN browsing now too.

Screenshot_20200411-164938_Solid%20Explorer.jpg

Soldato
Okay, will try. Think I did that already though? Out of interest are you still getting folder names/previews for photo's/video/music etc.?

Everything was fine on my OP5, Samsung S5e tab, Beelink TV boxes until only a couple of weeks ago - that's why I thought it might have been an update issue.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yup videos and photos all preview in the thumbnail, also filenames show too.

If it's missing visual elements then it's almost certainly an issue related to system theme. If the clearing doesn't help then set the system theme to white/default instead of dark and re-open Solid to see. You may need to completely wipe the app data and try a different internal theme etc if it's conflicting with the system theme colouring.

Soldato
Thanks mrk! It's really weird you know, I've changed themes - both of which on my OP5/S5e were stock, cleared caches/storage on the app and the problem persists... will try, just for good measure on my Beelink later :cool:

Back
Top Bottom