New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Siri Shortcuts Action Blocks is now out. I've set up somessome but need to wait for app developers to add the hooks in so that the right thing is launched.

Last edited:
anyelse else have this issue that's a youtube premium and youtube app user. watch a video until the end. don't click the x to get rid of the video so it sits in your notification area. take a call x amount of time later, finish call, video auto starts playing again from the start?

Soldato
I'm loving the new voice assistant update where the info is now an overlay instead of opening the whole app

uc

Soldato
Really? I use it all the time and it's only just changed recently.

I'm sure this is a new update, before the final reminder would complete on a full screen page, not an overlay.

Soldato
I found out yesterday that you can actually use Keep as the location for the assistant's 'Shopping List'. It never used it as it was so annoying to find but now I'll be using it all the time!

Before I used to set reminders to add certain things to my list :rolleyes:

Soldato
I found out yesterday that you can actually use Keep as the location for the assistant's 'Shopping List'. It never used it

I assume you actually meant to say 'I never used it', because for me the more annoying thing was Google Assistant used to use Google Keep for it's shopping list, then moved it into the depths of a web app... but yes, it came back to keep a few months ago, which is a much more sensible place and does allow me to route around my kitchen, calling out things I need to buy :)

Soldato
I assume you actually meant to say 'I never used it', because for me the more annoying thing was Google Assistant used to use Google Keep for it's shopping list, then moved it into the depths of a web app... but yes, it came back to keep a few months ago, which is a much more sensible place and does allow me to route around my kitchen, calling out things I need to buy :)
Sorry, yes that's the one!

Far more helpful than it was before. I didn't know it was on Keep before hand, why on earth did they remove it?!

Soldato
The "new" Office app, what exactly is the point of it if you have to have all of the standalone apps, Word Excel etc. installed still... I though the idea of it was to have everything in one place.

Am I missing something?

Associate
The "new" Office app, what exactly is the point of it if you have to have all of the standalone apps, Word Excel etc. installed still... I though the idea of it was to have everything in one place.

Am I missing something?

possibly, I don't have all the apps installed, everything runs through the office 365 app, perhaps you have the separate apps installed and set as defaults before you installed office app?

Soldato
possibly, I don't have all the apps installed, everything runs through the office 365 app, perhaps you have the separate apps installed and set as defaults before you installed office app?
Thanks! I have the new orange logo Office and three of the standalones. I have a 365 license.

All the orange app seems to act as for is an account portal and a place for document shortcuts? Maybe I should try removing all of the standalones?

Last edited:
Associate
I would think so but I am only a light user of office and haven't checked if it is actually running through cloud or native as I don't have standalones installed and it all works fine.

Certainly on my desktop you can have the app which runs cloud and install native which if ou have done it runs as you describe, but that is PC.

Soldato
Soldato
Someone has managed to backport Android 11's back tap gesture: https://www.xda-developers.com/tap-tap-brings-ios-14-android-11-back-tap-gesture-any-android-device/

The app is currently in alpha so at the moment it's pretty basic.

Works really well so far on my 7TP using the 4XL model. Currently have it mapped to open notifications, I missed my 6P's swipe down on FPS sensor to do that, so it makes one hand use easier for me.
Sounds good. Are you noticing any battery drain with this on?

Back
Top Bottom