New Games/ Video editing PC advice

Associate
OP
For editing I use after effects, premiere and a bit of 3d studio max. 80% work 20% games, budget was hoping to be around 1600 and want it to be 'future proof'.

Soldato
For editing I use after effects, premiere and a bit of 3d studio max. 80% work 20% games, budget was hoping to be around 1600 and want it to be 'future proof'.

Also doing rendering with 3ds max (v-ray)?

As above , edges out , ryzen 2700 may help with vray hybrid and be interesting to see how increased speeds and ram would help . In theory AM4 socket can house another CPU gen - Zen3 but seems Z370/390 will also as well . Least with increase core count, performance lose should be at a slower rate

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply, use 3dmax for perspective and simulated flows ie water for after effects. Sorry new to the forum and tech talk goes a bit over my head.

Soldato
Ryzen 2700x + gtx 1070- if you are rendering those particle effects, extra house power should help !!
Should be £100-150 for OCUk to build list for you . Just link thread to Customer section - pre sales

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,503.10 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Intel, non K version, plug and play

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the response. With the i7 build could i swap the case over to put in a blu-ray writer or just better to have an external?

Soldato
Thanks for the response. With the i7 build could i swap the case over to put in a blu-ray writer or just better to have an external?

How ever you want it mate. Your build, your needs and your tastes . Cases are most hardest to quote :D

Total: £1,482.46 (includes shipping: £12.60)

Top down cooler is to replace aweful stock one as well as blow air over the boards VRMs/heatsink​

Soldato
A lot rate fractal design cases on here.bhavent used personally but has a very good rep :)
What's your screen resolution as well ?
Gtx 1070 might be overkill for 1080p 60hz gaming but if your doing heavy workloads and rendering them higher then 1080p, should be worth it

Soldato
No point going for lots of cores with after effects and 3ds max. Higher frequency is more important for general workflow.

Look at the testing Puget systems do, they recommend the 8700k in their 3ds and after effects workstations.

Soldato
Yup, Intel does for most tasks on these workstations. I get annoyed seeing people recommending Ryzen for everything workstation based as they assume that more cores = better. I work on after effects daily, so I try to keep up to date with what's best.

Soldato
Thanks for all the help. Also how do I ask OCUK to put it together for me?

Drop them a message in pre sales section on the forum linking thread. Should get back to you .

Yup, Intel does for most tasks on these workstations. I get annoyed seeing people recommending Ryzen for everything workstation based as they assume that more cores = better. I work on after effects daily, so I try to keep up to date with what's best.

Why I linked 8700 , not the K to save on costs as well as needing less cooling :)

Back
Top Bottom