New Gaming Headset

Associate
Hello All,

Looking for a new Gaming headset for my Computer,

- Wireless if possible
- Up to £130

- I would be using it for Teamspeak and Discord.
- In the pass i have used Razor and TB.

Any recommend on what headset to buy would be very much welcome.

Cheers
A

Associate
Dude.you gonna get the saying....don't get a headset get headphones and mic but if you want a headset go for it dude. I nearly bought the razer man o war wireless. They get some mixed reviews but so does everything. At the time it was about £140.... it may be s bit less now....could be worth a look ....well that's my shout......I use the Siberia 800s.and really like them and no wires which is bliss

Soldato
Actual headphones and separate mic instead of bling blinged Chinese excrement would be way better in sound quality.
Hardly any gaming brand stuff is even remotely worth its price.
(how did you think they afford all marketing/sponsoring etc)

For best "bang for buck" if you can find them Superlux has many models with extremely good sound quality for their price.
Basically being better than gaming stuff even four to five times their price.

From gaming brand stuff Takstar Pro 80 based Kingston HyperX Cloud/QPAD QH-90 are in class of Superluxes.
One of the few gaming stuff using honest actually trying manufacturer.

From upper end of the budget OcUK's AKG K612 would be one of the best..
Though those aren't easiest to drive being rather power hungry and are more demanding for output than 250 ohm Beyers.
Beyerdynamics are very easy to mic mod. Thought not sure what's their pricing there in UK.

Anyway one major choise is do you have noisy environment and need isolating external noises?

Open headphones basically leak every external sound through with minimal if any muffling.
But their soundstage and overal sound are often clearly better than in closed and they don't cause sweating.
Closed headphones act like earmuffs dampening external sounds quite well and strong lower bass is easy to make in them.
As downside they can easily cause sweating, have often lot smaller soundstage and overall sound is lot harder to balance with mids often getting stomped by bass.

Gaming stuff is usually closed to have that lower bass of closed design.

They get some mixed reviews
You're mixing advertising and reviewing.
Of course garbage gets chosen as best if comparison point is more garbage and reading marketing BS.
To be anyway meaningfull those reviews should have established as decent headphones as comparison point.

Wouldn't even need to go for traditional audio makers at price level of more expensive gaming stuff.
I've had chance to more thoroughly test Turtle Beach Z60 and HD330 Superlux bought as test for mighty expensive 30€ plain butchers them 5-0.
If wanting some positive Z60 has few percents of something else than bass and that bass stayed well controlled... likely because of being driven by Objective2.
Now google for what "reviews" say from Z60.

Or compare this to "reviews" of those Asus Vulcans:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1337761/...aster-z-zx-zxr-series-club/1330#post_21168377

Associate
OK...what you are saying is probably correct but just remember not everybody on this forum is an audiophile looking for the best . Most average gamers would be quite happy with this Chinese crap as you say as long in their opinion they are happy with what they are hearing ......the guy ask about wireless if possible and I just gave an option....each to their own ....and BTW I not only own Chinese crap but do have some quite decent headphones but the Chinese crap works for me in game ....happy days

Soldato
I bought some sennheiser GSP350's.

I wasn't worried about a mic, indeed I would happily snap it off if I knew it wouldn't cause the headset a problem!

It reviews well and sounds great. Worth checking it out as it's in your price range.

Back
Top Bottom