New Gaming PC needed for around £1000

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I haven't upgraded my PC for around 8 years :eek: but feel it is time to finally upgrade!!

So I have the spec in my signature but I really think the only thing salvageable from it are the HDDs.

So I don't need monitors, keyboard or a mouse but everything else. I do like playing games like BF4 etc so to play that at high res and 144k would be great.

I also want to have a 250g SSD for the OS and then a large normal HDD. Case wise I am not too bothered but something mid sized and stylish.

So what can you spec?

Associate
I had a HD6850 - just upgraded to a RX580. I can finally turn on all the shiny options.

Build it around an i7-8700.
SSD - Teamgroup are supposed to be good but easy on the pocket
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search/index/sSearch/ssd/sPerPage/12
Or if you want crazy speed go for a samsung 960 M2
GTX1070 is probably good enough. See how much money you have left over at the end.

Or you could just spend your entire budget on a 1080 ti....

Nvidia are supposed to be announcing new cards mid April.

Soldato
Hmm - surpsingly tough with graphics card prices as they are at the moment - so there's some compromises in the build below I wouldnt be that happy with, but really have to watch the pennies for a good value spec, I think for 1k you should expect to get at least a 1070, 6c12t CPU, and 16GB of RAM. Nice compact system though and should pack a good punch.

Any bits you could salvage from current PC would help, if your planning on keeping this system for as long as you last one I would add at least £500 to budget to add better SSD, motherboard and 8c16t processor, maybe a better PSU and case as well - If you can wait a few weeks the new Ryzen chips should be available.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,024.62 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Just noticed you'll need to add an AM4 cpu cooler - i dont think the 1600X comes with one.

Edit - Maybe swap to something like this for graphics to free up budget to balance the rest of the system a bit more https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-18k-pc.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom