New GMMK Pro - mechanical keyboard

Associate
Went on preorder today in the US, and it reads like a checklist of desirable hobbyist specs.

75%, gasket mount, aluminium CNC case, hotswap switches, rotary encoder

Apparently arriving in the UK (and ISO) in Q2 2021

OC stocks the regular GMMK so it's likely they'll be the distributor here. Looks like my gf is getting my old keyboard :D

Anyone else getting one?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-_Twitter_1200x675_-_r8_White.jpg?v=160453011
**Do Not Hotlink Images **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Went to send OC a webnote to ask about their plans towards this, they're asking for urgent messages only because of the ongoing Nvidia clusterwhoopsie.

Who knows they might see this.. :D

Associate
I've literally just signed up to the forum because I wanted to ask about this, I emailed Glorious today and asked about an ISO version, as you've said they quoted Q2 2021.
Absolutely desperate to get my hands on this, is there a way to keep updated other than to just periodically check OCUK? I don't want to miss it, wishing there was like a mailing list or something :/

Soldato
I've literally just signed up to the forum because I wanted to ask about this, I emailed Glorious today and asked about an ISO version, as you've said they quoted Q2 2021.
Absolutely desperate to get my hands on this, is there a way to keep updated other than to just periodically check OCUK? I don't want to miss it, wishing there was like a mailing list or something :/

Damn it's just a keyboard.
The original GMMK is a quality piece, just get that if you're desperate.

Associate
OP
hah, I get what you mean, I've just been scouring the internet looking for a keyboard with this particular configuration - it's a bit sad I know...

The US announcement by Glorious said they'd be relying on distributors to arrange preorders in other markets. Maybe speak to someone at OC to see what their plans are? If you find out I'd be interested to know

Associate
Damn it's just a keyboard.
The original GMMK is a quality piece, just get that if you're desperate.
:rolleyes:

hah, I get what you mean, I've just been scouring the internet looking for a keyboard with this particular configuration - it's a bit sad I know...

Not for me, but I can definitely see why this would be an absolute game changer. a lot of people want something like this but group buys and etc. is a really had place to get everything together. This is just switches + caps and you are good to go! You might do already, but reddit's Uk mechanical keyboard subreddit is really good for info around stuff like this.

Soldato
Anything similar to this from a group buy is typically about 3x the price. I am definitely interested, even though I've taken positive steps towards kerbing my KB spending... (even cancelled my switch order for Holy Panda's recently... :eek:)

Associate
OP
Anything similar to this from a group buy is typically about 3x the price. I am definitely interested, even though I've taken positive steps towards kerbing my KB spending... (even cancelled my switch order for Holy Panda's recently... :eek:)

TBH I'm glad to have found this quite early on, it'll be such a ££ jump to get something else with similar specs that I can be reasonably confident in keeping it as a daily driver for years!

Been teaching myself to build stuff anyway, seems to be a more sensibly-priced side of the hobby than GBs and GMK keycaps

Soldato
I recently built my own 75% board recently but also very interested on this. Waiting for the ISO version, then I would probably go with the same Tealios V2 I'm running now, though lubing and filming them isn't something I'd look forward to doing again.

Associate
I recently built my own 75% board recently but also very interested on this. Waiting for the ISO version, then I would probably go with the same Tealios V2 I'm running now, though lubing and filming them isn't something I'd look forward to doing again.
Got some lube and films ready for my Zealios. How long did it take?

Back
Top Bottom