New GMMK Pro - mechanical keyboard

Associate
Tai Hao PBT keycaps are pretty good too, although I couldn't find any sets I liked in stock or for pre-order.
In the end I went for the Infinikey Sactuary Rebirth PBT kit, it's the colour scheme I wanted and I love the gothic look. So now I have keycaps and will order the GMMK Pro, just need to decide on switches!
There is a Mechanical Keyboard UK discord which has loads of helpful users too

Associate
How come the USA Glorious keycaps are available in the store, but not the ISO UK versions?

I think I recall someone mentioning they were releasing ISO UK versions and Overclockers would stock them. Maybe worth asking them the question, otherwise I think Candykeys will also be getting them.

Associate
See a single item of the new GMMK Pro setting has an ETA for June 30, the ISO PC plate. Really hoping ANSI will be coming in before then, May drop would be lush

Associate
I ordered some Boba U4 clear 62g switches. It's my first foray into custom mech keyboards, but not mech keyboards in general. I have had several but they've all been off the shelf ones - Ducky, Corsair, Logitech.

Do these switches benefit from being lubed? And if so, which lube?

Thanks!

Associate
I ordered some Boba U4 clear 62g switches. It's my first foray into custom mech keyboards, but not mech keyboards in general. I have had several but they've all been off the shelf ones - Ducky, Corsair, Logitech.

Do these switches benefit from being lubed? And if so, which lube?

Thanks!
A lot of people leave Bobas stock as the creator doesn't recommend lubing them but here's his guide if you want to: https://redd.it/edlx0q

Associate
The world of mechanical keyboards is definitely not for the impatient haha!

A couple of other sites mention June for the ANSI model and July for ISO, I expect Overclockers will receive the same time as everyone else unfortunately :(

Associate
I've been flip flopping between my ordered ISO and changing to ANSI since I placed the order. Having never had an ANSI keyboard before, how easy is it to adapt to?

There are far more keycaps available in ANSI, so would be nice to have the wide choice..

Associate
The world of mechanical keyboards is definitely not for the impatient haha!

A couple of other sites mention June for the ANSI model and July for ISO, I expect Overclockers will receive the same time as everyone else unfortunately :(

Yeah seeing on sites expected shipping date of 30th June. Ah well, may as well wait I guess just a tad stressful. What plate would be best with Boba U4T silents? Polycarb? Need to know when ISO plates are on sale.

Associate
I've been flip flopping between my ordered ISO and changing to ANSI since I placed the order. Having never had an ANSI keyboard before, how easy is it to adapt to?

There are far more keycaps available in ANSI, so would be nice to have the wide choice..

Personally I have come to prefer the ANSI layout over ISO having made the switch a few years ago. Like you say, there are a ton more choice when it comes to key caps and you'll often find group buys providing an add-on 'NorDeUK' set.

i.e. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90706.0

Back
Top Bottom