New GMMK Pro - mechanical keyboard

Associate
be interesting to see if they give you any info on it . I haven’t actually joined there discord tbh . I do think why they don’t run the iso versions along side the ANSI ones as iso seem popular aswel . I’ve been on the fence about the k8 TKL. .

Hey ,

We do not have any information when it comes to GMMK PRO ISO (all ISO products in general).
Everything is done directly via the retailers and every reseller has its own reservation process and ETA.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Stay Safe,
Stay Glorious,
Glorious Ronin

Quick response, basically putting it on the retailers if it shows up this month. Bit of a strange one seeing as it's their product, but I guess this covers them if ISO was never likely to show up this month.

Associate
That was a quick response , seems a very strange way of doing it to me . I think I’m just going keep an eye out for it on the site .

currently looking to find some UK iso layout keycaps at the moment going to pick up the compact aswel .

Associate
That was a quick response , seems a very strange way of doing it to me . I think I’m just going keep an eye out for it on the site .

currently looking to find some UK iso layout keycaps at the moment going to pick up the compact aswel .

I've got the slim compact, it's pretty comfortable on the wrist. They really need to release a new one that is the size of the Pro. Compact is definitely the way to go if you have OCD lol. I think a wrist rest slightly smaller than the keyboard looks OK, but a wrist rest wider than the keyboard looks goofy. The Slim is wider than the GMMK Pro.

HKGaming keycaps are nice. Usually around £40, PBT and cherry profile. I like cherry profile, find it nice to type on with it being a bit lower than OEM. Just have to be mindful OEM keycaps won't be compatible with it.

HKGaming also do proper UK ISO.

From the email I have from glorious it's likely their PBT UK ISO keycaps are a pipe dream at the moment. OCUK has no such ISO keycaps even up for pre-order.

Associate
While waiting for the GMMK Pro I bought myself a think6.5 v2 and built it a week ago. Fantastic board and great quality and feel. The only issue is that it’s only a 65% board and ideally I prefer TKL or at least a 75-80% since I use the F row a lot.

I hope we get the GMMK pro sooner rather than later, already gathered the required stabs, switches and keycaps

Associate
While waiting for the GMMK Pro I bought myself a think6.5 v2 and built it a week ago. Fantastic board and great quality and feel. The only issue is that it’s only a 65% board and ideally I prefer TKL or at least a 75-80% since I use the F row a lot.

I hope we get the GMMK pro sooner rather than later, already gathered the required stabs, switches and keycaps

65% is fine for me, as long as I have arrow keys. I really find pressing FN and 1-0 for the F key equivalents very easy and quick to get used to. Though I think the form factor of the Pro is quite nice in terms of not wasting space and still having a dedicated F row. Most of the 65%s also have the annoying non-standards on the bottom row.

The Keychron hotswap boards seem good value for money and a decent alternative, but there is a bit of a quality jump with the Pro. Going any higher in cost than the Pro just starts to push me out of my budget for keyboards at the moment, what with switches, stabs and a few other things to buy. I'm upgrading from a pre-built, so not quite ready to go further than this down the rabbit hole of thousands dumped into keyboards :p

Quite a few of the short run boards, or things like Capsunlocked also have really long waiting lists or poor stock. Even the Keychrons can be iffy, though a big batch of ISO UK stuff is supposedly due this month as well.

Associate
65% is fine for me, as long as I have arrow keys. I really find pressing FN and 1-0 for the F key equivalents very easy and quick to get used to. Though I think the form factor of the Pro is quite nice in terms of not wasting space and still having a dedicated F row. Most of the 65%s also have the annoying non-standards on the bottom row.

The Keychron hotswap boards seem good value for money and a decent alternative, but there is a bit of a quality jump with the Pro. Going any higher in cost than the Pro just starts to push me out of my budget for keyboards at the moment, what with switches, stabs and a few other things to buy. I'm upgrading from a pre-built, so not quite ready to go further than this down the rabbit hole of thousands dumped into keyboards :p

Quite a few of the short run boards, or things like Capsunlocked also have really long waiting lists or poor stock. Even the Keychrons can be iffy, though a big batch of ISO UK stuff is supposedly due this month as well.

Capsunlocked is very good and I’m glad that there’s at least o local designer that supports properly UK iso; in fact I have a cu80 on order that I’ll be building soon. They only thing I don’t really like on it is the top that is low profile and leaves the switches very visible. But on the other hand it’s uk iso, hotswap and will be an in stock item in the long term so overall happy.

Associate
Capsunlocked is very good and I’m glad that there’s at least o local designer that supports properly UK iso; in fact I have a cu80 on order that I’ll be building soon. They only thing I don’t really like on it is the top that is low profile and leaves the switches very visible. But on the other hand it’s uk iso, hotswap and will be an in stock item in the long term so overall happy.

Yeah I was tempted. I don't use RGB all that much, but it's something that's nice to be there for the odd occasion lol. But the Capsunlocked board is priced reasonable. Sadly the CU80 is low profile, it's the CU65 I'm looking at. No RGB on it.

Btw the Pro ISO is never releasing in June, I'll be astonished if it is. The Glorious discord staff, while customer service/community managers, have no idea either about ISO. It's all very cryptic at the moment. Even to the point of saying Q2 was never confirmed for ISO.

I'm going to contact OCUK for further probing, even though they're just saying June 30th is ETA. Though here it is July https://www.overclockers.co.uk/blog/the-gmmk-pro-is-the-ultimate-barebones-keyboard-kit/

I fully expect August/September/October at this rate. It would be nice though if Glorious would actually do a proper ETA for ISO, as in, a window. Not just leave it to retailers to pluck ETAs out of thin air. ETAs that Glorious then somewhat say were never confirmed by them in the first place lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I was tempted. I don't use RGB all that much, but it's something that's nice to be there for the odd occasion lol. But the Capsunlocked board is priced reasonable. Sadly the CU80 is low profile, it's the CU65 I'm looking at. No RGB on it.

Btw the Pro ISO is never releasing in June, I'll be astonished if it is. The Glorious discord staff, while customer service/community managers, have no idea either about ISO. It's all very cryptic at the moment. Even to the point of saying Q2 was never confirmed for ISO.

I'm going to contact OCUK for further probing, even though they're just saying June 30th is ETA. Though here it is July https://www.overclockers.co.uk/blog/the-gmmk-pro-is-the-ultimate-barebones-keyboard-kit/

I fully expect August/September/October at this rate. It would be nice though if Glorious would actually do a proper ETA for ISO, as in, a window. Not just leave it to retailers to pluck ETAs out of thin air. ETAs that Glorious then somewhat say were never confirmed by them in the first place lol.

I'd imagine ISO versions will be released in batches same as the ANSI one was. Depends how quickly you pre-ordered it I guess.

I ordered mine the day the pre-order went live so if mine isn't first batch I won't be happy lol.

Associate
I'd imagine ISO versions will be released in batches same as the ANSI one was. Depends how quickly you pre-ordered it I guess.

I ordered mine the day the pre-order went live so if mine isn't first batch I won't be happy lol.

The problem I think I'm beginning to accept is there will be no ISO batch ready at all for this month or maybe even next lol. The difference with ANSI making its way to OCUK is we know Glorious are manufacturing those boards just now. I tried to but couldn't get any confirmation from Glorious the ISO boards are even being manufactured at the moment.

It will of course be first come first served so I wouldn't worry about your queue position. It's all about when any retailer in Europe has any stock at all.

I guess it's just a wait and see, but absolutely no surprises if there is a total lack of communication around the ISO release window and the 30th of June comes and goes and we still don't have a hands on with an ISO board anywhere. The community managers I spoke to said they'd put questions up the chain, but for whatever reason it's like MI5 secrets with some companies to put out transparent communication about release dates/windows.

Glorious just seem to be saying it's all on the retailers in Europe, but it's not like OCUK is paying to manufacture these boards, just waiting for shipment. Incoming mess if you ask me, to which of course I'd just remind all buyers not to be angry/abusive, it is what it is. If the boards aren't ready, they aren't ready...

Associate
Dear , We currently have an advised ETA from our supplier of 30-06-2021 on the item ordered. If you feel this wait is too long and would no longer wish to continue with your purchase, please advise and me or one of my colleagues will action your decision at our earliest convenience. Thank you for your patience in this matter. Regards

Boiler plate response, but just OCUK staff doing their job. Let's see!

Associate
My step up from a pre-built Durgod Hades 69 so nothing fancy. I have Cherry Red switches just now on this keyboard but I'm going to swap to Gateron Yellow. Sadly OCUK doesn't carry them as part of the glorious Gateron bundles as Glorious never put out Yellows. So it'll be sourced elsewhere. Might even give Gateron silent Yellow a go. I do enjoy a quieter keyboard.

Cherry Reds are quite scratchy which with a pre-built sucks as I'd need to desolder to lube properly.

Not too bothered about included stabs, will just see what they're like to start with.

Want to see if Glorious ISO keycaps will be coming any time soon. Failing that HK Gaming have some decent ISO UK sets for around £40. I have their BOW set. They're cherry profile though, which I like, but means not compatible with the more abundant OEM profile. When going ISO if you then go cherry profile too you really end up narrowing down choices.

Saying all that I'm almost convinced the ISO GMMK Pro will not make it out this month, or it'll be Nvidia GeForce 3xxx numbers and OCUK will get like 3 to sell.

Ah sweet, Cherry Reds are scratchy with lubing and filming :/ Have a Gateron Ink Yellow build and they sounds really sweet when lubed (housing rails and bottom, spring and a little to the stem) - The Gateron Yellows are really good out of box if you lube/film them you might not need Gat Yellow Silents. Fairs with the stabs, from the lucky ones to get them early, apparently the sound dampening is already overkill; case foam, overlubing of stabs and the included 'band-aids'.

Yeah wish Glorious would provide more ISO support; I mean a standard ISO addition accounts to only another 4-6 keys :/ Yeah it's a shame - hopefully more popularity with 'custom' keyboard would encourage manufacturers to offer more options sooner than later. Hopefully there are a healthy stock of ISO GMMK Pros :(

But your build plan sounds very promising - looking forward to seeing people post there experience with the GMMK Pro. ^_^

Associate
For anyone widening!

Gmmk pro owner here..

Love everything about the board, apart from stabs, the left shift feels awfully scratchy using your pinky
So would recommend durock stabs

Apart from that it's a rather amazing board

Associate
Was close to considering the ID80v2 if the ISO Pro launch is a complete disaster, but white keycap leds :(

Apart from that its a fantastic looking kit, and slightly cheaper than GMMK Pro. I'm not massive on RGB, but when spending that on a kit I'd prefer for the odd time aesthetics/lighting comes into it the keycap leds are RGB.

But I really like the design, I bet there is an amazing weight to the ID80v2.

Also noticed the Keychron Q1 might become a reality in the next month or so https://www.keychron.com/pages/qmk-prelaunch It looks like a direct competitor to the GMMK Pro and will likely be priced a bit cheaper. July release https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2zQgcBX0AgJxOc?format=jpg&name=large

Associate
For anyone widening!

Gmmk pro owner here..

Love everything about the board, apart from stabs, the left shift feels awfully scratchy using your pinky
So would recommend durock stabs

Apart from that it's a rather amazing board

Which plate are you using with the durocks out of interest?

I heard there's issues with the brass and polycarbonate plates?

Associate
with the GMMK compact iso if I went with glorious panda yellow switches would OEM profile keycaps fit it, as I've seen a set from tai-hao . apologies I know its of subject here lol :D .

Associate
with the GMMK compact iso if I went with glorious panda yellow switches would OEM profile keycaps fit it, as I've seen a set from tai-hao . apologies I know its of subject here lol :D .
OEM profile afaik has no compatibility issues. I am sure it will be absolutely perfect :)

Associate

Damn I missed out on the think6.5. I actually prefer the 65/68% layout however its annoying having US based keys but UK backend. Need my \ and not just # :D

Back
Top Bottom