New GPU, week off work, what should I play ?

Associate
Howdoo peeps,

GPU incoming soon. Been a while since I was able to play something with the bells and whistles and have not touched a single ray traced title in expectation of this glorious day :D

I have a week off work soon so which would you say is the best game for an introduction to current AAA ray traced graphics ?.. do I just dive straight into Cyberpunk ?

Soldato
Peggle

It's hard to suggest without knowing what genre you like. IE Red Dead Redemption 2 just got an update for RT and such and looks great but it might not be something you enjoy.

Soldato
Howdoo peeps,

GPU incoming soon. Been a while since I was able to play something with the bells and whistles and have not touched a single ray traced title in expectation of this glorious day :D

I have a week off work soon so which would you say is the best game for an introduction to current AAA ray traced graphics ?.. do I just dive straight into Cyberpunk ?
you could try cyberpunk but id try RDR2 with DLSS looks better tnan cbyperpunk :D

Caporegime
Quake II RTX would be one of my first go-to titles to check out.

One of the few games that are fully ray traced, IIRC.

Last edited:
Soldato
I quite like Cyberpunk even though it gets a ton of bad press. I was running it with a 10300H / 1650 Ti max q laptop without moaning

Associate
Play a Cyberpunk game that actually feels like Cyberpunk, The Ascent :p
It's great, but wouldn't recommend it to check out ray tracing or other RTX features. I turned them on and performance was dreadful, even with DLSS. Digital Foundry said they'd seen similar across several systems.

I'll add another suggestion for Control. Perfect intro to RTX.

Associate
OP
So Cyberpunk, RDR2 and Control, I'll start with control then as the other 2 are going to take a bit longer than a week to get through i'm guessing :D

Fingers crossed the GPU get's here in time !

Cheers guys.

Back
Top Bottom