New headphones

Associate
Can anyone reccommend me a good set of wireless headphones (not bothered about a mic) for anything up to 50-60 quid? I'll be using them mainly for music, films and the odd bit of gaming.

Associate
my best recommendation is to save a little more money, and get a pair of grado SR-60 headphones. They rrp ar £90, but you can get them cheaper than that online. They are supposed to be (and probably are) the best bang for buck high quality headphones. I use SR-60's for portable use with my mp3 player, and they are excellent, almost as good as my SR-125's which i use for music at home.

Soldato
devilkazuya said:
my best recommendation is to save a little more money, and get a pair of grado SR-60 headphones. They rrp ar £90, but you can get them cheaper than that online. They are supposed to be (and probably are) the best bang for buck high quality headphones. I use SR-60's for portable use with my mp3 player, and they are excellent, almost as good as my SR-125's which i use for music at home.

thats true however they are not wireless

Soldato
in the 60 quid range theres not really a decent pair id say the panasonic wireless surround cans from your local catalogue store @ 69.99 fit the bill...

The best wireless cans about are the Philips 1500u cans but there no where sold in uk only us/japan/germany...
but there £250-300

Associate
devilkazuya said:

Grado headphones for portable use? With those dreadful ear pads this must be almost as comfortable as strapping a couple of bricks to your ears. Sooner you than me!

As for the original question I think that a pair of Sennheiser wireless phones from a well known auction site might be the best way to meet his requirements within or near budget.

I'm not a fan of wireless headphones. I tried a pair (Sony, I think) once and hated them. I use a pair of Sennheiser 600Ds and a headphone amp, but although I use these for games I bought them to listen to music. They happen to be very comfortable which makes them great for extended wear. However, as much as I like them I wouldn't recommend them to people whose budgets and requirements are met by wireless 'phones.

Grado 'phones have a good reputation for their sound quality amongst audiophiles and those who aspire to be seen as such by owning them. They are well known for their 1940s design and build. You'll find lots of posts from Grado users complaining about the uncomfortable ear pads and tips for improving or replacing them. I had a pair of SR80s for two weeks before selling them at a heavy loss. Great sound quality but they were actually painful to wear for more than twenty minutes or so. Definitely not a good choice for someone looking for wireless 'phones.

Back
Top Bottom