New Honda Civic Type R

Associate
i think they look wicked, i'd have one if i could ever afford it, my mum currently has the newest shape in executive form, leather, air con, all the electrics under the sun. Such a nice car to drive.

Soldato
merlin said:
Seriously - I'd wait to see if a JDM model gets produced. It'll be much more the real deal.

Within 3 months there will be a model report on it which means importers will have a field day.

yep, will probably have a bit moe waft and a LSD

Pug

Pug

Soldato
they ought to strap the S2000 unit in there, would give it a nicer boost to offset the weight.

If the UK spec current CTR doesnt have a LSD, then i'd doubt the new one would either, and people seeing it as detrimental - if its got similar power output it doesnt NEED an LSD.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
merlin said:
The difference between the UK CTR and the JDM CTR is night and day. No LSD and LSD respectively.

aye, but it has more power too...

LSD doesnt help any with power, only laying the power down, and if this is overweight with UK spec power, then it becomes even less of an issue. If Honda have managed to not fit LSD to the UK CTR for this long, i doubt they'll find reason to now. Most people wouldnt even know what JDM is :p

Soldato
I dont doubt they'll skimp on the LSD. Highly unlikely UK will have it - and 100% sure the JDM will.

My point is just that the difference in the grip and handling with one fitted is significant, it pins the nose of the car down and allows you to accelerate out of corners rather than after a corner.

The current UK CTR has 200bhp, the JDM has 215bhp. Torque levels pretty much identical, and it's the torque that's the issue - not the overall power output. The LSD wasn't fitted to cope with extra torque - it was fitted to get the car's nose tucked in round bends/corners & basically kill off understeer.

Soldato
merlin said:
I dont doubt they'll skimp on the LSD. Highly unlikely UK will have it - and 100% sure the JDM will.

My point is just that the difference in the grip and handling with one fitted is significant, it pins the nose of the car down and allows you to accelerate out of corners rather than after a corner.

The current UK CTR has 200bhp, the JDM has 215bhp. Torque levels pretty much identical, and it's the torque that's the issue - not the overall power output. The LSD wasn't fitted to cope with extra torque - it was fitted to get the car's nose tucked in round bends/corners & basically kill off understeer.

I hope they dont skimp on it, it would be silly to not fit an LSD. They fitted one to the Civic VTi so why not the Type-R!

I think the car looks brilliant though, Id definately have one if I was in the market for that kindof car at that price.

Associate
Ill reserve judgement until i have driven one. The previous CTR is an awesome car, the correct balance between power, delivery, reliability and chassis ability. Best front-wheel drive car since the Corrado VR6. Neither were lookers.

Associate
I love it, really really love it. It would have to be white too! I didn't get to the show but my partner did, who said it was pearlescent, yum! I bet it won't come in white though. It has really been growing on me.

I wish it had a little more power but you always want more, 200 is enough most of the time :)

Soldato
merlin said:
Integra DC2? DC5? Lotus Elan? Puma? Clio? RS Focus?
He probably means EK9 Type-R, you guys may want to check out the new Evo mag on sale in one or two days. They did a review/grouptest of the best fwd cars of recent years such as FRS, 205Gti, DC2 Teg, 306 Rallye and 106 Rallye.

No guesses for what won :p

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom