** NEW LG 32" MONITOR EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK - PRE-ORDER PROMO **

Permabanned
Coming from curved monitors this so far looks like a fish bowl (eyes may need time to adjust) but I would prefer a curve on a 32"

No stuck pixels, even horrid Windows HDR inside Windows (not talking movies and games which always looked fine) looks ok on it set to 50% (better than the G7 where as I had to leave HDR off in Windows but enable each time for game and movies).

G-Sync Compatibility enables fine even though not Certified and Nvidia Pendulum Demo looked fine with no flicker like with the the G7.

Kind of low on desk unless your tiny and no height adjustment (never had this lacking before on any monitors), I do have some new boxed monitor riser/stand things though.

EDIT : Even with the proper driver installed the LG Windows OSD software cannot find a Monitor so does not work.

Last edited:
Associate
Just received mine today, had some issues with the backlight going out after a minute, this was when I turned on MBR.
Problem seems to have gone away now though. EDIT: it has not. Looks like its RMA time :(

Is the backlight on this screen supposed to be about 5mm behind the pixels, or do I have a miss-built unit?

Permabanned
Just received mine today, had some issues with the backlight going out after a minute, this was when I turned on MBR.
Problem seems to have gone away now though. EDIT: it has not. Looks like its RMA time :(

Is the backlight on this screen supposed to be about 5mm behind the pixels, or do I have a miss-built unit?

No MBR but today the backlight is on/off or at least bright then dull and I have the Auto Brightness feature turned off where as on day one is was fine, would not surprise me with LG track record on here with poor QA releases.

I messed about and then reset monitor it and it looks a total mess a totally different picture than before, turns out Window HDR messed up again (it is a bit of an abortion) so turned it off and all looked as before then turned back on and again still all ok.

Last edited:
Associate
How would I know if I’ve got any of the issues you’ve mentioned? With 3 screens I should be able to identify them.

All I’ve done is turn them on and enabled nvidia surround.

Permabanned
If you mean me then if it looks washed out its probably Windows HDR which outside of games/movie is still a mess even with this new Auto HDR Feature, set it on and looks ok, fire up game and leave game and back to desktop and its washed out till you turn HDR off and then back on again so IMO best leave off like with my G7 unless viewing HDR content.

This is not related to the monitor.

Associate
If you mean me then if it looks washed out its probably Windows HDR which outside of games/movie is still a mess even with this new Auto HDR Feature, set it on and looks ok, fire up game and leave game and back to desktop and its washed out till you turn HDR off and then back on again so IMO best leave off like with my G7 unless viewing HDR content.

This is not related to the monitor.

Thank you. MBR is motion blur reduction I assume? This is an option within the monitors menu?

Permabanned
MBR will make the picture darker and you cannot use along with Variable Sync (FreeSync or G-Sync) and can introduce other issues.

I think Asus had both working on one of theirs long ago but a bit buggy.

You will need disable the Variable Sync to get to the access to the MBR menu.

Associate
It is a shame it is not working on my unit as its implementation on my LG 27GK750F-B is fantastic, albeit that is a TN panel. At least on that the backlight isn't far behind the pixels (still unsure if this was the designed intent)

Permabanned
Same as G7 and normal on so called "Bezel-less Monitors"

You can confirm it is 2560 wide using Sizer App or such.

2021-04-02-2.png

Last edited:
Permabanned
The stand is not adjustable on the 600 and IMO it is a touch too low and risers I have made it too high so I bought a fully adjustable stand for it and it is now possibly a touch high (only has 4 height positions) but far better and there is no way a 32" can do portrait on this stand as it would hit the desk.

Last edited:
Associate
How are people getting on with these ? My old monitor went bang this morning and I've ordered one of these as a replacement. Its actually cheaper today than the launch promotion price.

Personally the height is fine for my setup, Though the panel is fine and coming from a TN panel it looks better and has such better dark colours but I can 100% notice the black smearing in games like Hades though. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it as it was quite cheap for a monitor of this size imo.

Soldato
Thanks for that. I already have a monitor riser with a couple of options for height, so wasn't too concerned about the lack of a height adjustable stand - especially for the price ! Main use for me is coding and some gaming. I saw some earlier comments in the thread around drivers and HDR that I was wondering if those were all sorted now. I wouldn't be watching TV or films on it, that's what the living room is for.

Back
Top Bottom