New Lotus Esprit - Want that one!

Soldato
Cant see them actually producing something that looks like that.. it virtually is a Lambo by style and design.. if i were Lambo i would be having a mini fit at the sight of that..

Soldato
I think if i had shelled out for it though i would always feel as though i was driving a poor mans lambo. IMO they should have steered clear of the almost identical design at the front. Still sexy. Just a sort of cheaper re-hashed sexy.

Soldato
it looks like the design team started at the nose of the car and reached the rear quarter at 4.50PM.
the next ten mins were divided between designing the rear and putting their coats on.
stunning IMHO from the door pillar forwards...the rest is......err......unconventional.

Associate
saitrix said:
On the link if you read right at the bottom it says those pics are not of the written off design. So could be a bit different!

Exactly. Lotus had nothing whatsoever to do with those pictures, they were mocked up in photoshop presumably, by CAR magazine when they were told Lotus were going to redesign the Esprit.

edit - the page that is linked to in the OP is pretty much verbatim from the CAR article. They didn't even bother to shop out the other 2 cars involved in the piece.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I still think this is what they should have built...

m250-1.jpg

m250-2.jpg

m250-3.jpg

m250-4.jpg

m250-5.jpg

Zip

Zip

Soldato
gord said:
Im not too keen either, it reminds me of modern kitchens... i dont want to drive a modern kitchen :mad:

The tap is too the right and dont forget to drain the sink after your done driving around the twisties :p

Back
Top Bottom