Associate
I decided to spend some of this quarantine time stuck at home working on upgrading my home media server.

I plan to use this machine for my own home's media streaming needs but also have my whole family and close friend network that will use its web services too. I'm also planning some experimentation with cryptocurrency mining of a minor nature.

My current rig is a Core i5 from 5 years ago with 16GB of RAM and sits on a mini-ITX board in a Fractal Node case with 18TB of HDD and 512GB of M.2 SSD. I'm planning on pulling those drives out of the machine and moving them and my operating system to the new machine, cloning the OS hard drive and then setting up what's left.

It will be a Windows 10 Pro machine that I principally use to run a range of software including Plex, SickRage, Ombi, Tautulli, Radarr, uTorrent, WordPress, and a bunch of smaller support applications on a DynDNS based Subdomain. With any luck, the move shouldn't impact these services at all and should be transferred with the hard drives. Fingers crossed. Hopefully it works.

So, without further ado, the specs of the machine I mainly purchased from Overclockers UK and am presently pending delivery of all parts for:
Provided your comments are constructive, I welcome feedback!

Hope everyone is healthy, safe and weathering this virus successfully!

** NO Competitors **

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom