New Mobo suggestions

Associate
Hi I have an Intel 920d, with 2x512mb Crucial Ballistix 3200 and a silent 7600gs.

I cuurently have an Asus P5RD1-VM mobo (came in a pre-built system) which is just not up to scratch, it's a micro ATX board and therefore only has 2 ram slots, and 3 pci slots.

I'd like to get a new mobo that will also allow me to switch to conroe down the line (if possible). Any suggestions for a decent board that ain't too pricey?

P.s. i also have a HUGE zalman 7700cu hsf which means that the board will have to be compatible with that.

Soldato
You're really going to struggle to get a better board as you're looking for legacy components (DDR RAM) plus a PCIe graphics slot and a modern processor (LGA775).

The only DDR RAM conroe compatible boards on the market (ASRock 775 TWINS R2.0 and ASRock 775I65G R2.0) are both going to have issues - the TWINS only runs the RAM in single channel mode and only has 2 slots anyway and the I65G has an AGP slot, so that's no good either.

To be honest, I'd keep it and then upgrade everything when you need to change the processor. Or ditch the RAM and buy any Conroe compatible ATX board.

Back
Top Bottom