New monitor 4k Suggestions

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a new pc in the next 6 months so hardware is subject change of course. The only thing I can say for certain is that I'm looking at a 3090 or if there is a Ti variant of the 3080 when I pull the trigger.

I'm more or less stumped in regards to what monitor to spring for other than it has to have HDMI 2.1, be 28-31 inches big or bigger and have Nvidia Gsync. I'm trying to avoid a curved screen if possible. Money is no object here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Soldato
If you're buying in 6 months then ask again in 5 months. Monitor technology is moving very fast now with new product launches and prices are coming down, so any answer given now might not be the answer in 5 months' time.

BTW Gsync uses Displayport, not HDMI, and many Freesync monitors work with Gsync.

Soldato
Have a look at the 27” LG 27GN950-B its 1ms 4K 144hz it probably doesn’t represent value for money as it’s a lot more than a 2560*1440 144hz from the likes of Dell but you did say money was no object.

Associate
There is nothing other than some old 60Hz 4K monitors in the size range you mentioned. A 3090 would be wasted with a 60Hz monitor.

There are some 27" ones (but no HDMI 2.1) and there are some 32" ones coming... but goodness knows when. They were announced in January and still seem to be months off!

The only one of those which has HDMI 2.1, though, doesn't have G-Sync.

I'd suggest looking at one of the 32" 4K threads and seeing if there's anything on there that grabs your fancy... then maybe, just maybe, they'll actually have released in the next 5 months!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...hdr-1400-g-sync-1152-mini-led-zones.18875017/

seems to be the main 32", >60Hz thread.

Soldato
has to have HDMI 2.1, be 28-31 inches big or bigger and have Nvidia Gsync.
Forget Gsync, which is paying to get ball and chain installed into your ankle for marriage to forever buying Nvidia's graphics cards now when also Intel is readying to join discrete graphics card competition as third player.
FreeSync monitor works with any graphics card.

Because of being non-standard closed proprietary crud, Gsync also doesn't work with HMDI.
(and even if it worked over HMDI for example consoles would never support it)
While VESA standard Adaptive Sync, whose selling name FreeSync is, has been included into HDMI.

This Viewsonic is likely closest one, when ever it actually finds its way to shops.
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/news/98fd3d3

Monitor technology is moving very fast now with new product launches
Actually more like the opposite.

31.5/32" high resolution high refresh rate monitors have been MIA for long and years ago roadmapped panels haven't yet materialized...
With even like year ago paper announced monitor still completely MIA.
And on tech side we're still stuck on same old compromised LCD...
With OLED apparently perma FUBAR for PC use because of weaknesses of that fancy organic part and micro LED or true quantum dot monitors who knows how many years away.
Not even real FALD backlights have materialized...
Without it HDR hype is really marketing scamming with no good use arc furnace high max brightnesses, instead of actually fixing LCD's problems in showing black.

Back
Top Bottom