New monitor Budget £500/£600

Associate
Hello guys,
I would like to upgrade my 27'' 2k IPS Crossover bought last year.
I have a MSI GTX 1070 and was looking at something new.
I have been looking at some 27'' GSYNC monitors and some 32/34'' monitors without GSYNC but I am really not too sure which would be more worthy of my money.
I know I am asking the moon, but I would like to know your opinions with regards to some montior that you currently use or recommend.

Soldato
Hello guys,
I would like to upgrade my 27'' 2k IPS Crossover bought last year.
I have a MSI GTX 1070 and was looking at something new.
I have been looking at some 27'' GSYNC monitors and some 32/34'' monitors without GSYNC but I am really not too sure which would be more worthy of my money.
I know I am asking the moon, but I would like to know your opinions with regards to some montior that you currently use or recommend.

What is it for? Mainly gaming? Watching movies? Editing photos, Work, A little bit of everything?

Associate
Hi. It would be gaming mainly. I am not much into fps but more in single player games.

If you're not that into FPS games there's not really much reason to upgrade other than if you go 4K... Gsync is great but not worth spaffing out £600 for single player.

I have a Crossover IPS and they're great, although I'm in the same situation and want to upgrade for FPS games which I've started playing lately. My choice is the XB271HU, seems to tick all of my boxes.

Soldato
The more I read up on it the more I think ultrawide is overrated and overpriced...

PC monitors in general are overpriced.

Loving my Samsung ultrawide so far. But yes, cost rather a lot more than I'd have liked.

I do feel the 21:9 aspect ratio adds more imersion to gaming though. Certain games anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
PC monitors in general are overpriced.

Loving my Samsung ultrawide so far. But yes, cost rather a lot more than I'd have liked.

I do feel the 21:9 aspect ratio adds more imersion to gaming though. Certain games anyway.

Ah okay, the Sammies aren't too bad. It's when you get to the Acer and ASUS Swift that you get stupid. IMO, anything over £600 is stupid for a monitor. I've got that cash sat waiting to spend, but I can't help but feel it'd be a stupid move to spend £900 on a ASUS Swift ultrawide...

Back
Top Bottom