New monitor recommendation!

ADT

ADT

Associate
Hi all.

My 20” Samsung 10 year old monitor has given up on life and I am after a new monitor.

My pc specs are Ryzen 1600 o/c to 3.8 and an Nvidia 1060.

I will be using the monitor to play games such as pubg and cs go, emails, browsing and for work 1 day a week.

I was hoping to go for 144hz and something that will utilise (FreeSync/g sync).

Not sure on size as I currently use a 27” 1440p monitor at work and quite like it. Would be happy with 24” I would imagine.

My budget is £300-350

Thank you!

ADT

ADT

Associate
OP
All I can say as advice is try to go ultrawide. Its worth it and the settings decrease IMO.

Any recommendations?

I’ve been browsing myself and have across the Asus VG271UP and the AOC AG241QX as potentials.

I am aware that they both have different panels but not sure would suit my needs better

Soldato
Any recommendations?

I’ve been browsing myself and have across the Asus VG271UP and the AOC AG241QX as potentials.

I am aware that they both have different panels but not sure would suit my needs better

ElectriQ do some great value ultrawides. Or always second hand market. If you can stretch your budget to 500-600, you will snag some top tier ultrawides which will do 100-120hz, gsync, ips, and then you're probably set for 5 years monitor wise.

i think ultrawide is really hard to overlook as its a very tangible distinct advantage over TV gaming which it can simply never offer whilst refresh rates will be caught up a bit with the next gen consoles and VRR Tvs.

ADT

ADT

Associate
OP
ElectriQ do some great value ultrawides. Or always second hand market. If you can stretch your budget to 500-600, you will snag some top tier ultrawides which will do 100-120hz, gsync, ips, and then you're probably set for 5 years monitor wise.

i think ultrawide is really hard to overlook as its a very tangible distinct advantage over TV gaming which it can simply never offer whilst refresh rates will be caught up a bit with the next gen consoles and VRR Tvs.
Thank you, I’ll have a look but unfortunately I can’t push my budget any more

Back
Top Bottom