New Monitor Recommendation

Associate
I am looking for a new monitor with a budget of up to £650. I will be using this for gaming and work also on a RTX 3080 hopefully.

There are quite a few options out there, I was looking at the 32'' samsung G7 but there seems to be an issue with flickering.

I am currently using a 27'' 4K IPS panel @ 60hz. I don't really need the 4k would rather go for a faster refresh rate and I would like something a bit bigger than 27''.

Another monitor I have have seen is the Viewsonic Elite XG350R-C which is only @ 100hz though. Would this be a big difference to say 144hz.

Would you you recommend and suggest guys, Thanks in advance

Associate
I am looking for a new monitor with a budget of up to £650. I will be using this for gaming and work also on a RTX 3080 hopefully.

There are quite a few options out there, I was looking at the 32'' samsung G7 but there seems to be an issue with flickering.

I am currently using a 27'' 4K IPS panel @ 60hz. I don't really need the 4k would rather go for a faster refresh rate and I would like something a bit bigger than 27''.

Another monitor I have have seen is the Viewsonic Elite XG350R-C which is only @ 100hz though. Would this be a big difference to say 144hz.

Would you you recommend and suggest guys, Thanks in advance

IMO 1440p 144/165Hz is the sweet spot.

You can't go wrong with any monitor using LG's Nano-IPS panel; LG 27GL850, Dell S2721DGF , Lenovo Y27q-20, HP Omen 27i etc.

Associate
Ideally, you'd wanna go 32" 4K as I find 1440p or a screen larger than 1440p to not look great although this is VERY subjective.

The best screens are 1440p/144Hz at the moment but there are a few 32" screen floating about.

Any particular reason you wanted a larger screen?

Associate
OP
No particular reason I don't mind a 27inch to be honest just looking at my options if I can go bigger with good specs but it's not looking that way

So would you say the viewsonic monitor monitor at 35'' would be a terrible panel at 1440p

Associate
No particular reason I don't mind a 27inch to be honest just looking at my options if I can go bigger with good specs but it's not looking that way

So would you say the viewsonic monitor monitor at 35'' would be a terrible panel at 1440p

Is it an ultra-wide as that's a bit different.

If it's a normal 16:9 monitor than for me, yes I'd imagine it'd look terrible, however, as I said, these type of things are subjective.

Some people prefer 4K at 27", others 1440p at 32". Do you have a local store you could visit and check out different screen sizes?

Associate
OP
Yes that is an ultra wide at 1440p but only a 100hz the reviews are not bad. There's nothing local but I can have a look see if I can find anything

To narrow it down would you say I should go for a 27'' 1440p at 144hz or go for this viewsonic 1440p at 100hz

Associate
Yes that is an ultra wide at 1440p but only a 100hz the reviews are not bad. There's nothing local but I can have a look see if I can find anything

To narrow it down would you say I should go for a 27'' 1440p at 144hz or go for this viewsonic 1440p at 100hz

That's up to you bud. It's extremely difficult for me to say which is best for you.

Have you had an UW before? Did you like it? What type of games do you play?

I tend to play a lot of fast paced shooters and decided to avoid UW as I would have to look further off centre and move my head around as I sit quite close to the screen, however, if you sit further back and aren't playing similar games (for example, UW on racing games is meant to be amazing) then that might be the best option.

Back
Top Bottom