New motherboard to upgrade to which supports Windows 7

Associate
Hi I was looking to go from my existing motherboard and upgrade always purchased ASUS but they only support windows 10 and ASUS confirms this the Motherboard I was serious about was the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA1151, specially like the onboard m.2 support, has anyone found another decent manufacturer that is ATX format latests intel processors, and m.2 Suport.
I did have a quick look for an option of a m.2 internal case found one on another site but it was slated for not working correctly.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Associate
OP
Thought there was some utility on the motherboard cd/dvd to alter windows iso so you could install 7?
Never tried so might be wrong
Though no idea where I put my Asus z270-e disc to look unfortunately
Interesting, i should have added what i have at the moment.
SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1
Intel Core i7-4790K CPU 4 GHz
Corsair CMY16GX3M2A1600C9R Vengeance Pro Series 16GB

Soldato
Yeah looks like it's possible on z390
But so far not found a way where you don't need a ps2 port for old style mouse/keyboard
And a pci~e USB card
And yeah the utility I mentioned earlier
The issue is with the USB ports not working
There a reason it has to be windows 7?
Its doable but bit of a pain

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply i do have USB 3 pci express cards so that's not the problem, i am running 10 on three other computers and have hacked it to death to get rid of all the crap in it looks a bit like 7 now with Classic Shell and WinaeroTweaker but still much happier with 7, but i do see I'm making more work for myself, thanks all much appreciated

Soldato
Windows 7 is a dead platform just like LGA1151.

You're better holding off for a few months for comet lake.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the reply i do have USB 3 pci express cards so that's not the problem, i am running 10 on three other computers and have hacked it to death to get rid of all the crap in it looks a bit like 7 now with Classic Shell and WinaeroTweaker but still much happier with 7, but i do see I'm making more work for myself, thanks all much appreciated
You're welcome
And I like winearo too it's got a few really useful tweaks I use all the time

Soldato

Windows 7 extended support ends as of today, that's no more security updates going forward and a gradual reduction in application support (though should take a while), installing it on a new board now with no real functional requirement to do so seems like the total opposite of a really well thought out good idea.

Back
Top Bottom