new mountain bike needed !

Associate
hi everyone, it has been a long time since i posted in here but everyone was helpful last time with a bike for £400!

sadly the bike i ended up with got stolen and i didnt have insurance on it, so i went back to using my old one. not cool! :(

i think i've got over it now though so another one needed - i ride on the road sometimes now as well, about 50 50 probably so a bike that can do road and tracks would be good

lets say 500 for the bike AND some kind of lock to chain it up properly so it doesn't get stolen so easily next time! :(

Soldato
hi everyone, it has been a long time since i posted in here but everyone was helpful last time with a bike for £400!

sadly the bike i ended up with got stolen and i didnt have insurance on it, so i went back to using my old one. not cool! :(

i think i've got over it now though so another one needed - i ride on the road sometimes now as well, about 50 50 probably so a bike that can do road and tracks would be good

lets say 500 for the bike AND some kind of lock to chain it up properly so it doesn't get stolen so easily next time! :(

I already have a mountain bike, not that I go up or down any mountains.

I'm looking at getting a new ride, a gravel bike, the Boarman ADV 8.9 in particular, I think it's more suited to the actual riding I do, mixture of road and light off-road.

It's a grand though, have you looked at the Go Outdoors Dark Peak?

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16007713/calibre-dark-peak-road-bike-16007713

Seems good value for money.

Associate
OP
oh i like the look of that and the tyres look like they are best of both too !

i'll have a browse and use that as a starting point thanks

and recomendation for a lock or chain or something ? I know people jsut cut them for motorbikes but maybe they wouldnt bother for a bicycle

my old one was just a chain and a lock which was part of it but the lock was broken so i would just make it look like it was locked and then it got stolen surprise surprise

stupid thing to admit ha :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
After quarantine, I gained a little extra weight, so buying a new mountain bike is also relevant for me. I've read about models that fit overweight people. Share your experience in this matter.

Last edited:
Soldato
After quarantine, I gained a little extra weight, so buying a new mountain bike is also relevant for me. I've read about models that fit overweight people. Share your experience in this matter.

Depends what you mean by a little extra weight :D.

MOst bikes will handle a 120kg rider no probs.

Associate
cut downon the pies mate! (jokein) but in the current economic situation it will be very difficult to find a good bike for that price point, and rearing locks spend as much as you can (base rule 20% of bikes value), not a theif but can pick bust just about any thing in 10min, keep in safe location under cctv buissie area if at al posible

Back
Top Bottom