New neighbours get their Sainsbury's delivery at 7am every Saturday morning... argh!

Soldato
OP
Whether you go about by indirectly commenting, asking, demanding - whatever - you're still the guy that's just moved in, and will be perceived as moaning and wanting other people to amend their schedules to suit your lie in.
Perhaps. The girlfriend doesn't want me to say anything (yet, at least) and we're going to see if it does continue to occur at 7am sharp every single Saturday. FWIW she's an early riser and yet still mostly in bed at 7am on the weekend. Like I said, perhaps we've/they've been unlucky with a 2hr slot just for the past few weeks. I just can't compute how 7am specifically on a Saturday would be a necessity for anyone. There's 15 more appropriate hours (8am-11pm or even 7am-10pm if you like) during a 'normal' working day, and much the same at the weekend (starting at 8am/9am). That's 105 different hourly slots they could choose from every week as opposed to literally the couple of hours on a weekend morning where there's a risk of disturbing people.

PS: Wanting to sleep slightly later than 7am on a weekend is not a lie-in! It may be for some people, but by that nature I can go around calling people lazy ****s because they're in bed at 11pm. Which I don't, because everyone is different. 7am is early for a weekend, that's why the law says you shouldn't create noise before then. That's what this thread is about, being appreciative of other people's work/life balance and different schedules. Waking up the street at 7am every weekend is assuming everyone wants to sing your tune just because you've got kids and you're an early riser. It's selfish and shows little regard for your neighbours. Maybe at this point I should mention he has a man-bun, would that get more people on side? :p

Soldato
Perhaps. The girlfriend doesn't want me to say anything (yet, at least) and we're going to see if it does continue to occur at 7am sharp every single Saturday. FWIW she's an early riser and yet still mostly in bed at 7am on the weekend. Like I said, perhaps we've/they've been unlucky with a 2hr slot just for the past few weeks. I just can't compute how 7am specifically on a Saturday would be a necessity for anyone. There's 15 more appropriate hours (8am-11pm or even 7am-10pm if you like) during a 'normal' working day, and much the same at the weekend (starting at 8am/9am). That's 105 different hourly slots they could choose from every week as opposed to literally the couple of hours on a weekend morning where there's a risk of disturbing people.

PS: Wanting to sleep slightly later than 7am on a weekend is not a lie-in! It may be for some people, but by that nature I can go around calling people lazy ****s because they're in bed at 11pm. Which I don't, because everyone is different. 7am is early for a weekend, that's why the law says you shouldn't create noise before then. That's what this thread is about, being appreciative of other people's work/life balance and different schedules. Waking up the street at 7am every weekend is assuming everyone wants to sing your tune just because you've got kids and you're an early riser. It's selfish and shows little regard for your neighbours. Maybe at this point I should mention he has a man-bun, would that get more people on side? :p
Sorry but your girlfriend us not an early riser if she's still in bed at 7am. Just man up and ignore it, it's hardly the end of the world.

Associate
Looking at it from another perspective (mine).

As a shift worker who works nights, I get home at 7am then have to go to bed. This can be on any day of the week including weekends. Unfortunately I cannot drop my shift pattern down my road so all my neighbours know when I want to get some sleep and plan their noise levels around it. This just means I have to take it on the chin and deal with it.

If it really does bother you that much. Learn to sleep with ear plugs in to go through it.

Soldato
Reminds me of a friend who is also an entitled Karen. He lives in a fancy family friendly estate which has a neighborhood watch WhatsApp group. Cue Karen, who posts saying how loud and noisy the kids are a few streets over, and whether they could be more considerate.

That did not go down well, and shortly after the message appeared:
"Karen has left the group".

:cry:

Soldato
OP
Sorry but your girlfriend us not an early riser if she's still in bed at 7am. Just man up and ignore it, it's hardly the end of the world.
She's up much earlier on a work day. But like I and most other people I know - we are a bit slower/relaxed on a weekend. There's no alarm clock, no routine unless we're off out to do something. She's normally up by 7.30am on a weekend anyway, but that means even her sleep is going to be interrupted by white noise reversing alarms from the delivery van at 7am. Regardless of what the outcome is with this, I refuse to accept that 7am is not early for someone to be regularly making noise on a weekend.

Caporegime
She's up much earlier on a work day. But like I and most other people I know - we are a bit slower/relaxed on a weekend. There's no alarm clock, no routine unless we're off out to do something. She's normally up by 7.30am on a weekend anyway, but that means even her sleep is going to be interrupted by white noise reversing alarms from the delivery van at 7am. Regardless of what the outcome is with this, I refuse to accept that 7am is not early for someone to be regularly making noise on a weekend.

Problem is, going back to your earlier post about there being other slots available....

Maybe 7am works for them? Maybe that's what they like and it forces them to get up so they can't snooze the alarm? Maybe they're taking food in to send to take to their mother down the road for 8am who can't get out of her bed because she's bed ridden?

Not having a go, but you literally have zero idea why they get it delivered at 7am on a slot thats probably cheaper than the rest of the day when they're 100% allowed to do so.

Like you, I don't get up at 7am, I'm usually awake on a Saturday morning from the Friday night until 1/2am...only reason I'm up before 8 is if the dog starts moaning. However, if the neighbours want to get 7am delivery, then that's up to them in all honesty.

:) If it's that's bad, talk to them (as you've said you probably will do), everyone will have a different opinion on the matter as you've found out already :p

Edit: didn't mean to go off on quite a tangent :p Sorry Op

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably getting weekend breakfast delivered. Sounds like a great idea, especially when I opened the fridge last Saturday and there was no bacon :o

Were up at 7 everyday because of the little one, so makes no difference to us.

Man of Honour
Kids are a nuisance though, stop screaming like banshees!

The problem is some parents don't give a **** and just let their brats run around making obscene levels of, empty headed, noise.

We made a fair bit of noise as kids playing, 5 of us plus friends, but my parents always made sure it was at a reasonable level with some consideration for the neighbours.

Soldato
The problem is some parents don't give a **** and just let their brats run around making obscene levels of, empty headed, noise.

We made a fair bit of noise as kids playing, 5 of us plus friends, but my parents always made sure it was at a reasonable level with some consideration for the neighbours.

Yup, ban the parents as well. Not far off the annoying kids themselves!

Man of Honour
Dogs are the worst noise, must be a good few dozen near my house, plus a Kennels not far away. One of them barks, then the whole lot goes off like an orchestra

Funny I live in a rural area but quite a lot of dogs around, unlike when I lived in town, very rarely hear them - the only time they make much noise is when there are thunderstorms generally around - which seems to set them off even when they are 40-50 miles away.

Back
Top Bottom