New neighbours get their Sainsbury's delivery at 7am every Saturday morning... argh!

Caporegime
The problem is some parents don't give a **** and just let their brats run around making obscene levels of, empty headed, noise.

We made a fair bit of noise as kids playing, 5 of us plus friends, but my parents always made sure it was at a reasonable level with some consideration for the neighbours.

We have a house with 6 kids opposite us and a house with 2 kids behind us. Somehow the 2 kids make far more noise than the 6. Oh yeah, crap parents.

Soldato
It seems the OP is well off the mark in this one and no it’s not that early and you shouldn’t go and speak to your neighbours. You even added your partner gets up at 7.30 anyway, seriously it’s 30 mins!

To be honest, if I was a delivery driver for Sainsbury’s and I got the OPs complaint, I’d be revising my van much slower to make sure I got an extra few beeps in for good measure. I’d also make that that those sticky van doors got a slam at the same time :D.

Soldato
It seems the OP is well off the mark in this one and no it’s not that early and you shouldn’t go and speak to your neighbours. You even added your partner gets up at 7.30 anyway, seriously it’s 30 mins!

To be honest, if I was a delivery driver for Sainsbury’s and I got the OPs complaint, I’d be revising my van much slower to make sure I got an extra few beeps in for good measure. I’d also make that that those sticky van doors got a slam at the same time :D.

Inconsiderate **** alert, typical modern day attitude. Ironically I bet you are a NIMBY ring leader :o

Soldato
would you rather be woken up at 7am on a Monday? :p

dunno about Sainsbury's delivery vans but some trucks have a cut-off button to mute the reversing beeper...maybe ask if they can do that if that's what wakes you up??

honestly...you might just get used to it, I'd give it a bit before trying to remedy the situation!

Soldato
To put into context I've lived next door to utter scum where they kid used to call him mum a **** all night long, slam doors and ruin the whole street the horrible chavs.

I'd take a sainsburys lorry any day or time of the week.

Get some earplugs or even better a white noise machine.

Associate
Soldato
Another suggestion is bose earbuds. They cost a lot but they do a perfect job of playing white noise sounds through the buds at night. Can't hear a thing with them in.

Man of Honour
Personally I've only ever found sleeping with earplugs a not very ideal experience. Working a lot of nights it is something I've investigated. Everyone's experience will be a bit different.

While I can comfortably get off to sleep with something like the Bose earbuds or other headphones in for some reason I only sleep about 1.5 hours and then wake up - I think when I hit a light part of sleep it starts to bother me for some reason and I wake up.

Soldato
OP
Meh. Like I already mentioned having done 5 years of nightshifts, I know full well how terrible it is sleeping with earplugs. They're not pleasant and as above don't make for a full/decent nights sleep anyway.

Soldato
The problem is some parents don't give a **** and just let their brats run around making obscene levels of, empty headed, noise.

We made a fair bit of noise as kids playing, 5 of us plus friends, but my parents always made sure it was at a reasonable level with some consideration for the neighbours.
It's not always that simple.

Man of Honour
It's not always a case of children being naughty for them to be loud. Parents might be trying their best but nothing they can do.

I was being a bit obtuse there as I knew where you were going with it. It is a bit of a tricky one as some parents for various reasons have their hands full without dealing with a difficult child but too many just don't want to go to the effort of dealing with a difficult child. (I have a bit of background with childcare albeit only qualified to NVQ level).

Caporegime
It's not always a case of children being naughty for them to be loud. Parents might be trying their best but nothing they can do.

Take them inside. This is literally what a council environmental health officer said to me a few months back.
Even if the child has a medical or psychological issue it is still the parents responsibility to account for that. Case in question was an autistic kid near my parents who is basically put outside every time they throw a tantrum and the entire street then has to deal with it. This can be several times a day ranging from early morning to late at night.

Back
Top Bottom