** New - IRC/Discord Chat 2021 **

V F

V F

Soldato
There’s a lot of users on IRC. You would be surprised how many still use it.

To be honest the biggest issue I mainly remember from the IRC days was, it was the ultimate idling program. People wouldn't say anything in the channels for hours upon hours.

V F

V F

Soldato
I remember many Quakenet channels like that. You'd talk and not get any response for many hours later so you had to go away to do stuff and missed the messages if you closed it. IRC was great for its time. I remember using it a lot from 2000 to 2009, then one day I stopped using it from so many idling channels. I've never had a program installed since.

Wasn't until people told me to get Discord, 2017 I think it was... which I now see for sometime, it's a modern version of IRC since it has its actual voice rooms. My only gripe with Discord is the obsessive amount of people that spam gifs and memes in their respective channels that you'd think you were on some crappy myspace website.

At least with Discord if you close it, you can see messages appear when you fire it back up.

Permabanned
OP
To be honest the biggest issue I mainly remember from the IRC days was, it was the ultimate idling program. People wouldn't say anything in the channels for hours upon hours.

You get that with discord

At least with Discord if you close it, you can see messages appear when you fire it back up.

Wrong - not with the new clients all messages are there, saved. ;)

With Discord too many non required channels created by mods then you don't get people speaking in them and also wrong channels are used for wrong discussions. Along with the image spam.

Anyway they both good to use there isn't anything wrong with using one or the other. I may jump into Acme's Discord later.

Another thing about discord is that you HAVE to be registered to log in.

With this IRC you can go as you please without registering. :p A guest login as it's called.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom