New PC boots to windows green screen, only on HDMI gtx780

Associate
Hey guys.

Picked up a used system recently but having issues getting into windows, with HDMI...
Everything is normal up until after entering windows - Circular windows 'loading' symbol after win10 logo, then BAM... Green screen, but only does this over HDMI out on the gtx780.

-System still seems responsive, I can move the mouse cursor.
-Alt+ctl+del does not bring up task manager.
-The cursor can disappear off the right side of the screen, and the bottom.
-When moving to the bottom, the cursor changes to an "I" with like a box around it.

-Over HDMI, it does boot to windows at 4k (native) resolution.
-Drivers have been updated to latest.

Quite annoying, as I want this over HDMI, and do intend to sell the card soon. Is the HDMI out port screwed? How do I determine this?

Specs...
Win10 (64bit)
i7 4770k (stock)
Asus z87-k
EVGA gtx 780
Panasonic tx-50dx750b (4k TV)

It Does NOT do this when...
-Connecting mobo out - TV with hdmi - hdmi
-Connecting gpu - TV with DVI - Hdmi

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Have you tried with a different display i.e. different tv or preferably a monitor?
TV can be a bit picky about displaying pc images i have found,timings etc or something

The same display is being used to display an image from my 2500k build, at the same time (4770k is on AV2, 2500k is on AV1)

Tried changing the ports over - Same issue.

Associate
OP
Ahh what I was meaning is can you try the pc with the green screen gfx card on a different tv/monitor?

No... Only have the one screen here... Dammit.

Booting in safe mode makes no difference.

I wonder why it only does this on the hmdi out.... It's so out. DVI-out is literally perfect. And I have no idea how, but it even sends sound to my tv, then to my amp. Didn't even know DVI could send audio.

Associate
No... Only have the one screen here... Dammit.

Booting in safe mode makes no difference.

I wonder why it only does this on the hmdi out.... It's so out. DVI-out is literally perfect. And I have no idea how, but it even sends sound to my tv, then to my amp. Didn't even know DVI could send audio.
Yeah something is dfinitely wrong with the port in that case, perhaps even card.. DVi should not send out audio

Back
Top Bottom