New PC build, with some parts used, some new. Need advice.

Associate
Hi everyone. Moved back to the UK, had no chance to take my PC, it was due upgrade anyway.
My budget is over 1k, but not at once. I'm thinking to buy some parts every month. Since I have bought video card and cpu on ebay before and had no problems I'm thinking do try it again since I'll have time to browse till next payday. But not quite sure where to start.
I know i want cpu to be a beast as I mainly play arma 3 and it's mostly cpu intensive.
Witch parts you would suggest to buy better new?
And could you suggest good hardware as I am out of the loop for some 3 years.
Thanks.

Soldato
Best advise is to save up and grab all in one go .
Worst case is buying something, having it in the box for weeks or months and finding its Dead On Arrival and having to spend up to 28 days with RMA .
Also new tech lands July so AMD might be able to catch up with single and multicore performance and speed

Associate
OP
Best advise is to save up and grab all in one go .
Worst case is buying something, having it in the box for weeks or months and finding its Dead On Arrival and having to spend up to 28 days with RMA .
Also new tech lands July so AMD might be able to catch up with single and multicore performance and speed
Yeah good point actually.
So I'm thinking maybe getting a bundle of motherboard and cpu then buy a cheap used vga so I can run it.
Is AMD any good nowadays. I'm kind of a Intel fan since Broadwell.
Does overclockers do credit that could be useful.

Soldato
Yeah good point actually.
So I'm thinking maybe getting a bundle of motherboard and cpu then buy a cheap used vga so I can run it.
Is AMD any good nowadays. I'm kind of a Intel fan since Broadwell.
Does overclockers do credit that could be useful.

yeah they do, as well as Paypal credit i think...

Ryzen is damn good value for cash- if your arma though... intel ! and if your taking out credit for ryzen, with next 3*** series launching in July, may be a bit of a bummer on that part.
if you intend on gaming at 1080p 60/144hz+ again intel takes the lead, not so much at 1440p and 4k pretty much dead even and all about GPU

Associate
OP
yeah they do, as well as Paypal credit i think...

Ryzen is damn good value for cash- if your arma though... intel ! and if your taking out credit for ryzen, with next 3*** series launching in July, may be a bit of a bummer on that part.
if you intend on gaming at 1080p 60/144hz+ again intel takes the lead, not so much at 1440p and 4k pretty much dead even and all about GPU
Yeah I'm thinking 1080p with a 144 Hz monitor as I saw that linus tech video ppl could not tell the difference of 4k vs 140 Hz monitor. I do want to have some vr running it in the future though.
So I did not quite get your point. Would it be better to go for the Intel? I'm leaning that ways anyway unless someone gives me a good argument against it..

Soldato
Yeah I'm thinking 1080p with a 144 Hz monitor as I saw that linus tech video ppl could not tell the difference of 4k vs 140 Hz monitor. I do want to have some vr running it in the future though.
So I did not quite get your point. Would it be better to go for the Intel? I'm leaning that ways anyway unless someone gives me a good argument against it..

Intel is better at 1080p or pushing the maximum and lowest Min frame rate at 1080/1440/4k and VR .
If you've got the cash and can stomach it then intel .

Associate
OP
Intel is better at 1080p or pushing the maximum and lowest Min frame rate at 1080/1440/4k and VR .
If you've got the cash and can stomach it then intel .
Yeah I'm thinking maybe the new i9 8core one, suggest a good one with clockability in the future. And a good motherboard for it.

Back
Top Bottom