New Pc Builder Mt 1st one Problems

Soldato
Power or RAM. Try 1 stick of RAM at a time. Check your GPU has the power connected too. I forgot this once on a new build and it did the same as yours.

Caporegime
been helping him over ts but its hard as its not same as in person.

it all turns on but no picture

he says he hasnt got a speaker for motherboard but should have one with the case from what i see . does his mb come with one?

he has tried both sticks of ram singular and still same in different slots.
graphics card is fine .

cpu cooler was stock one so pretty straight forward and used stock paste.

its running but just no pic and card is in right pci ex slot so godknows :confused:

got a feeling its very simple hes been doing it all day so any help is appreciated

Associate
I couldn't find any info on if your case has a mobo speaker, but from looking at pictures of the case I can't see one so am going to guess it doesn't :(

Which means you can't hear post error code beeps. (had hoped we'd be able to get a code to tell us what might be wrong).

Associate
he says he hasnt got a speaker for motherboard but should have one with the case from what i see . does his mb come with one?

The mobo doesn't have one built in, it expects you to plug the one on your case (from what I can see his case doesn't have one) in the mobo.

You couldn't post some pictures (I know you are likely busy) of the inside of your case? Maybe we'll be able to 'see' the problem.

Oh and why hasn't anyone asked this yet but is the fan on the graphics card spinning?

Last edited:
Caporegime
how many beeps? is it endless , 7 short beeps , 1 long etc?

try disconnecting the cd drive(s) etc.

when you tried the ram did you do it with only 1 stick and try the same stick by itself in each of the different slots?
sometimes the ram timings are detected wrong by the board and you can get into the bios using just 1 stick so you can manually change the ram voltage and timings.

if its endless fast beeps it should be a memory error.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like the psu might be bad

Here are the error codes from your mobo manual

1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

Edit: The manual doesn't say any more than 'power error' I guess it could mean it is shorting too. Have you tried building outside of the case to check for shorting?

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol he sorted it in the end and is running now with windows 7 :D

he like a noob put mem in wrong slots :p he said he had moved the ram when we told him to try one stick at a time lol .

at least hes sorted :cool:

Back
Top Bottom