New pc just wont turn on

Associate
Hi

Just brought a new pc and finished assembling however I don't have no power.

I made the mistake of not testing it before I put everything in the case.

The psu is fine, it past the paper clip test, all case fans, all in one pump and fans and case lights comes on no problem.

When I plug the 24 pin into the mother board nothing, no lights nothing at all.

I've unplugged all but the cpu and 1 stick of ram and yet no power. I'm at a dead end and not highly experienced when it come to diagnostics.

Any help, do I have a doa mother board ?

Specs are below:

Gigabyte B450-I AORUS PRO WIFI (Socket AM4) Mini-ITX Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz (Socket AM4) Processor

Phanteks Shift-X Mini-ITX Gunmetal Case + Seasonic Focus Plus 550W 80+ Platinum

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB) 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Dual Kit

Samsung 1TB 860 QVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 64 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-76Q1T0BW)

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit DVD - OEM (MS-FQC-08929)

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Corsair Hydro Series H100i Platinum RGB Performance Liquid Cooler - 240mm (CW-9060039-WW)

Permabanned
Soldato
Gigabyte B450-I AORUS PRO WIFI (Socket AM4) Mini-ITX Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz (Socket AM4) Processor

BIOS more than likely needs updating or you forgot to plug in the CPU power connector.

After that then you need to start looking at building it outside of the case in order to thin other potential issues out. :)

Soldato
3rd gen ryzen on this particular board is supported from bios version f40 and above, if your boad has a lower bios version that f40 then 3rd gen chips will not work out of the box, on gigabytes website it suggests to start with version f32 to avoid ram compatipility issues later down the line, not gonna lie it will take a while as there are at least 5 flashes before you'll be on the latest which is f50.

to note also you'll need a 1st / 2nd gen ryzen to begin with, after bios version f40 is installed you'll be good to go with a 3rd gen cpu

Associate
OP
Just to let you know that I found the problem ..... the on button on my case wasnt working. Yeah so I just brought a cheap one of amazon and hall a Lou a it turned on

Associate
Nice one, you know it's stuff like power buttons that I'd never think to look at, and it could so obviously be the problem.

Permabanned
Just to let you know that I found the problem ..... the on button on my case wasnt working. Yeah so I just brought a cheap one of amazon and hall a Lou a it turned on

Reminds me of the time I stripped a dead PC apart only to discover I was pressing the reset button not the power on button.

Back
Top Bottom